Criminal Legal Questions and Answers

[91 - 100 of 787]Page of 79

How do I get a copy of the information from my felony conviction?

I requested court records or a statement from the court, and then an explanation as to the drug, amount, and means of distribution for which I was convicted. This was back in 1990-91 in the state of West Virginia. The case was tried in Wheeling (federal) court. How do I go about getting these records and/or information?

04/29/2009   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: West Virginia   |   #16469

My ex wife's husband committed fraud using my name. What can I do?

My ex-wife's husband was involved in a civil action case in Georgia Federal Trade Commission vs "His Company" and in this suit it came out that he used my name as an alias to commit fraud. Do I have any legal recourse?

04/29/2009   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Georgia   |   #16372

What are the grounds to have a restraining order removed?

If a plaintiff has a permanent restraining order in effect but contacts the defendant, can they get in trouble with the law or can the defendant use it against the plaintiff to have the restraining order dropped.

04/29/2009   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: ALL   |   #16371

Could I be charged with rape?

A 20 year male was spending the night with his on again off again girlfriend. They were sleeping in the same bed both in t-shirt and underwear. They have had sex in the past. She started rubbing up against him. He began touching her. She appeared to be in and out of sleep. She woke up and said let me get on top. She did and they began having sex. At this point she said oh by th...

04/28/2009   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: ALL   |   #16349

My ex husband and his girlfriend have stolen my identity

I am in the military and stationed in Texas . When I left Montana in May of 2006 I signed a Durable POA for my husband to take care of any expenses while I was there. He did not want to leave our 'retirement' home in MO. I bought a house in Texas as an 'investment' house. What I did not know was as soon as I left MO my husband used the POA to apply for real estate loans and cre...

04/28/2009   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: ALL   |   #16281

Is a Portable Breath Test valid if it was not shown to anyone

Is a Portable Breath Test valid if it was not shown to anyone, including me after I took it?

04/28/2009   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: ALL   |   #16274

What if I believe I was defrauded of my inheritance?

A Grandmother passed away and left money for her granddaughter, who is of age to receive such a large amount of money. The granddaughter was recently told about it but never received the money and was told that someone forged her name to cash in on the gift and still never received the money. After contacting the insurance company regarding the facts, the insurance company tell...

04/27/2009   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Florida   |   #16198

Is it legal for my son to be fined for possession of paraphernalia based on a witness report?

The police came to the door and stated someone saw my son discard something along a roadside. My son admitted so to the officer. The officer stated that it was a bong and issued him a citation for possession of drug paraphernnelia. It looks like it is a fine of up to $500. Is it possession based on above? Should we fight? Should we treat it as a life lesson and have him pay fin...

04/27/2009   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: ALL   |   #16195

What is the penalty for a conviction of Public Indecency for the purpose of urination?

I want to know what the penalty is for a conviction of Public Indecency for the purpose of urination. I got a ticket for it and I just want to know if I will have to pay a fine or if it would leave me with a criminal record that would exclude me from practicing law. What is the worst that could happen if I plead guilty. This was my first offense and I have a clean record.

04/27/2009   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: ALL   |   #16164

Do I have a right through the courts to receive my daughters medical records for a civil case?

I was in the midst of a divorce while on active duty in the Army. My now ex-wife quit her job applied for loans in my name using a fake power of attorney. She then went to the state police in May 07 (five months after I filed for a divorce) and said I was an alcoholic and I touched my daughters breast in Jan 07. My daughter has a learning disability and a problem with her memor...

04/27/2009   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: New York   |   #16152
[91 - 100 of 787]Page of 79