Criminal Legal Questions and Answers

[61 - 70 of 787]Page of 79

What can I do if I suspect my neighbors are selling illegal drugs from their home?

What can a home owner do when they suspect drugs are being sold from a residence across the street? There is traffic in and out of the house at all hours of the day and night. There is no music being played so how can we fall under disturbance of the peace? This is a nightmare for us. It goes on until 4:00 in the morning and tonight is one of those nights. The cars come an...

09/18/2009   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Colorado   |   #18680

Who can be charged with statutory rape in California?

My 17 yr old Granddaughterjust had a baby ,boyfriend is 21 can he be charged with a crime in Ca She did not admit he was the father for fear of him being charged, But he us around and want to be there for the baby like so many is unimployed

09/10/2009   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: California   |   #18561

What is the Statute of Limitations for Assault in Georgia?

I was assaulted 3 yrs ago by my supposed best friend/next door neighbor. I never pressed charges and regret it every day. I did go to the hospital for injuries. The problem occurung now is we have both moved but still own our condos (both have beeen renting out). I have decided to live at my condo on a part time basis and am petrified to run in to her.. We also both work fo...

09/06/2009   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Georgia   |   #18460

Am I Required to Tell Police I May Know Someone with Information About a Crime?

recently four prostitutes were murdered in my area, i happened to know a few prostitues, but am unaware of them knowing anything about the recent murders, am i legally required to tell the police about the prostitutes i know, could i be in trouble if they were involved, even though all i knew is that they were prostitutes,

09/05/2009   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: New Jersey   |   #18455

How do I obtain a sentence modification in Michigan?

If recommended for the RDAP program by the judge and then not able to get in to qualify for a reduced sentence, can a defendant apply for sentence modification if the judge made this recommendation thinking the person would get a reduction. In other words can he go back and ask for the sentence to be reduced in time as if he completed the program?

09/03/2009   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Michigan   |   #18416

What Charge Can Apply to Kissing a Minor in Texas?

I recently got interviewed by detectives regarding a girl i met on Myspace. She said she was 18 and she ended up being 13. I met her at the house and we hugged and I kissed her in the neck. She claims I kissed her in the lips which is not true. They got a statement from her. What could I be charged with? Is it likely ill be charged? They want me to come in to the station for a ...

08/27/2009   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Texas   |   #18284

What are the Prosecutorial Duties to Disclose Evidence in Nevada?

I am in a serious legal battle a possible right to life case . My lawyer after I asked for all medical reports autopsys reports results _ it is a case about and concerning the manner in which my 3 year old daughter died _lab test ect pertaining to case after paying him 50,000.00 retainer and that is soley for all pre trail represntation only he has only given or gotten all thos...

08/20/2009   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Nevada   |   #18168

Who Pays For Inmate Medical Care in Virginia?

When an inmate becomes ill when incarcerated, who is responsible for payment of inmates medications/medical treatment on site at the jail? Do need to know with whom in Botetourt or VA to file a complaint if applicable.

08/11/2009   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Virginia   |   #18056

Is It Blackmail to Drop a Charge in Exchange for a Plea Bargain?

Ticketed for assault. Will not plead guilty, was offered a plea in abeyance, wouldn't plead guilty, so they came up with a new charge of criminal misbehavior. If I plead guilty to misbehavior they will give me plea in abeyance on misbehavior and DROP the assault charge. I said I would not plead guilty to either, because I am not guilty of either. They said if I don't plead gui...

08/05/2009   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Utah   |   #17959

Is an Attempted Crime the Same as the Underlying Crime in Disqualifying Me for Employment?

I am getting a background and criminal check from the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation to work as a cook in an elderly care facility and under senate bill 160 no one is eligible if they have been convicted of aggravated menacing. I have not been convicted of aggravated menacing but have been convicted of attempted aggravated menacing. Will this, under Oh...

07/21/2009   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Ohio   |   #17697
[61 - 70 of 787]Page of 79