Criminal » Harassment Legal Questions & Answers

What happens when someone presses charges on you for harassment?

When a person files harassment charges on you (harassment by e-mails), does a policeman call you and tell you? Or should you get papers served to you?

02/02/2007 | Category » Harassment  State » CO  #419
What can I do if I am being harrassed by the a certain police officer?

I have a question regarding my rights of harassment by the Police and the Department of Child Services I need to know if the Police, not just any Police but a friend a my family, can come by my house anytime they want to and harass me about an incident that happened a year ago. T...

02/05/2007 | Category » Harassment  State » UT  #425
Should I file a legal complaint against someone who is harrassing me?

I have been getting calls from a young man for 6 months. When he calls I pick up and he hangs up the phone. In December I received various calls with sexual content, and harm to my life. I ignored the calls till last week when I changed my number. My question is this: is it still...

04/02/2007 | Category » Harassment  State » FL  #2507
Are there harassment laws to prevent client abuse?

I work for a child support agency. My job is highly stressful. I never receive a call for someone who is happy with their court orders, made by the Judge and not myself. Every phone call and client contact is from an unhappy obligee and obligor. I asked my Supervisor if we ha...

04/04/2007 | Category » Harassment  State » OH  #2636

I suggest you consult with a local attorney who can review all the documents and facts involve...

I am part of a mangment team of 15 years service. For the first time I am being charge with harassment and/or possible sexual harassment. What are my rights and how do I protect my good name and credibility? There presently is an investigation going on.

04/12/2007 | Category » Harassment  State » FL  #2996
Can an adult be arrested for threatening a minor?

My 15 yr old daughter located the ex-girlfriend of her father. She located her on the internet/myspace. She sent her an email. When the "ex" replied to my daughter, she replied in a not so nice way. At one point my daughter wrote her stating that she would tell all her friends...

05/13/2007 | Category » Harassment  State » TX  #4638
What are the grounds for a restraining order?

Can I file a restraining order on my ex-husband of over two years for calling me and text messaging me? I've asked him several times in the past to leave me alone unless it involves an emergency with our teenage children which he has custody. He is causing me alot of stress. What...

05/13/2007 | Category » Harassment  State » IL  #4639
What is the time period for reporting a harassment call incident?

05/14/2007 | Category » Harassment  State » DE  #4701
What is the statues of limitation on a sexual harassment or assault case in Kentucky?

What is the statues of limitation on a sexual harassment/assault case. It is involving female teacher and minor student in the state of Kentucky? what type of lawyer to I need to seek?

05/19/2007 | Category » Harassment  State » TN  #5338
Can my boyfriend's ex wife be arrested for harassment or aggravated harassment threatening?

My boyfriends wife repeatedly calls the house. They are getting a divorce. My boyfriend has had his cell number changed 4 times in the past 3 months. The police say they can not arrest her for aggravated harassment unless she is explicit inher threats. She has threatened to kick ...

10/19/2007 | Category » Harassment  State » NY  #10580
What is aggravated harrassment?

I have been charged with aggravated harrassment. I never put my hands on this person. All I did was call him and I got angry on his answering machine. I left a message saying I was going to knock his teeth out of his head if he did not tell the two girls he was cheating on the tr...

10/26/2007 | Category » Harassment  State » NY  #10983
What can I do to protect myself from my sister's boyfriend who is constantly threatening me?

My sister has a boyfriend that does not go to school or work, so what he does all day is smoke and other drugs. The thing is that when he has a fight with my sister he starts calling me all day long or sending me messages insulting me and threatening me. He calls me from various ...

11/08/2007 | Category » Harassment  State » FL  #11884
What can I do to my ex-girlfriend for harrassing me?

My ex-girlfriend has harrassed me and has even cost me my job! Can I get her for her costing me my job?

11/16/2007 | Category » Harassment  State » AL  #12416
What is fine/penality for communications harassment?

11/30/2007 | Category » Harassment  State » AL  #13087
When can you file harassment?

When can you file harassment? Do you have to be physically harmed before you can do so?

12/05/2007 | Category » Harassment  State » TX  #13422
What is considered personal harassment

Personal harassment: what does it really mean? I have been going through this for about 2 years and our police department is doing nothing to put a stop to it.

12/09/2007 | Category » Harassment  State » NY  #13595
What can be done if I am being harrassed via email?

I am in this same situation, except I am the one being victimized. I am being continuously harassed with emails containing threats of defamation, blackmail, and I have not replied to this person in quite some time. I am wanting to know if blackmail/harassment is something that th...

02/09/2009 | Category » Harassment  State » CO  #15200
How do I File a Complaint Against Police Officer for Use of Profanity?

Sunday I was stopped and ticketed for 'no front license plate'. The officer asked me to step out of the car, showed me 'no license plate, he then said 'get back in the car asshole'. What can I do legally about this police misconduct?

03/04/2009 | Category » Harassment  State » NY  #15446
Legally what can I do if I am being harassed by my girlfriend's ex?

I've been getting death threats from my girlfriends ex. This started when we first dated but has returned after nine months. He has my number and continues to call me with harassing and repeatedly leaving death threats on my cell phone. I take this serious only because this guy ...

04/29/2009 | Category » Harassment  State » ALL  #16392