Criminal » Sentences Legal Questions & Answers

What is the sentence for someone who has been accused of sexual assault in a marriage?

What is the probable sentence for someone who has been accused of sexual assault in a marriage, domestic violence and is a registered sex offender in the state of Colorado?

03/30/2007 | Category » Sentences  State » CO  #2368
What is the punishment for statutory rape in the state of Texas?

04/03/2007 | Category » Sentences  State » TX  #2587
What does it mean if a judge suspends jail time?

I recently went to court for failure to pay city taxes. I faced 6 months jail and $1000. fine. The taxes had been paid in full, but late. All charges were suspended except $250.00. What does the suspended jail time mean? Do I now have a criminal record? Is this something I need ...

04/18/2007 | Category » Sentences  State » OH  #3194
If you are ordered to pay restitution and you serve out your sentence, will you still have to pay?

If you are sentenced and ordered to pay restitution and you serve out your sentence, will you have to pay your restitution?

04/21/2007 | Category » Sentences  State » KY  #3255
What is the maximum sentence for possession of a pipe as a weapon?

What is the maximum sentence for possession of a pipe? If you were sentenced under Prop 200 and violated, could they enforce prop 302 according to Arizona laws?

04/28/2007 | Category » Sentences  State » AZ  #3375
What is the fine for possession of a controlled substance in Arkansas?

What is the fine for possession of a controlled substance?

04/29/2007 | Category » Sentences  State » AR  #3403
What are the punishments for petty larceny, a class a misdemeanor?

05/09/2007 | Category » Sentences  State » NY  #4340
What are the consequences for public intoxication (minor) and minor comsumption?

My 19 year old daughter was arrested for public intoxication and minor comsumption april 29 and goes to court may 18. what can she expect when she goes to court on friday?

05/15/2007 | Category » Sentences  State » IN  #4848
What is the penalty for committing purgery?

05/19/2007 | Category » Sentences  State » CA  #5330
What is deferred probation?

I would like to know what deferred probation is in detail. If someone is placed on this what are the stipulations.

09/24/2007 | Category » Sentences  State » TX  #8993
What is the penalty for conspiracy?

What is the penalty for conspiracy?

09/25/2007 | Category » Sentences  State » ALL  #9047
What actions or penalty will the court give for shoplifting if its the first time

What actions or penalty will the court give for shoplifting if its the first time and no other record of crime or shoplifting?

09/27/2007 | Category » Sentences  State » ALL  #9189
What is the legal definition of a life sentence?

I was watching a story on A&E and someone was sentenced to life + 99 years. Isn't life in prison until you die? how does this word I am just wondering if you can help me to understand.

09/27/2007 | Category » Sentences  State » AR  #9193
What are the sentence for escape 3rd degree in Alabama?

10/05/2007 | Category » Sentences  State » AL  #9712
What is the penalty for the third drunk driving charge?

I would like to knowwhat is the penalty for the third drunk driving. I am asking this question for a friend.

10/05/2007 | Category » Sentences  State » WI  #9722
Sentence reduction through judicial release

Are you eligible for judicial release if you've been in a county for 3 full months waiting for transport to a prison facility or do you have to serve that time in an actual prison before you're eligible for judicial release?

10/12/2007 | Category » Sentences  State » OH  #10173
What is the penalty for criminal intent to cause bodily harm with a vechicle in Indiana?

What are the penalties a person can recieve for 3 counts of criminal intent to cause bodily harm with a vechicle in Indiana?

10/19/2007 | Category » Sentences  State » IN  #10605
What is the penalty for a man to have sex with a women who the courts have deemed "incompetent"?

10/23/2007 | Category » Sentences  State » NC  #10803
What is the sentence for possession of a controlled substance under 1 gram first time drug offense?

What is the minimum and maximum sentence in the state of Texas for possession of a controlled substace under 1 gram first time drug offense?

11/01/2007 | Category » Sentences  State » TX  #11365
What is the sentence for tresspassing?

My husband got a court summons for tresspassing a misdemenor B. What might the sentence be?

11/02/2007 | Category » Sentences  State » MO  #11495
What is the penalty for petty larceny first offense under $50 in New York?

A class a Misdemeanor of petty larceny of under $50 and no priors what is the worse that can happen?

11/20/2007 | Category » Sentences  State » NY  #12590
What is the penalty for shoplifting and unauthorized use of confidential material?

My 19 year old daughter was arrested for buying and at the same time stealing alcohol with her sisters drivers license. They say they are investigating. The charges are shoplifting and unauthorized use of confidential material. She did not tell the police it was her sisters i...

11/26/2007 | Category » Sentences  State » HI  #12846
If my son has already been to jail once for the same crime, what could his sentence be?

My son did 5 years of a 10 year stretch for armed robbery, he got paroled 2 years ago. He's back in jail on 3 counts of armed robbery. Should he plead guilty or go to trial? How much prison time can he expect this time?

11/30/2007 | Category » Sentences  State » PA  #13120
What are penalties to robbery?

What are penalties to robbery?

12/03/2007 | Category » Sentences  State » ALL  #13278
What is the legal definition and consequences for Impersonating an officer in the state of Texas?

What is the legal definition and consequences for Impersonating an officer in the state of Texas and what constitutes as such? When the individual is a code enforcement officer in neighboring state. He is being falsely accused.

12/21/2007 | Category » Sentences  State » NM  #14241
How Is An Offense Of Terroristic Threat Punished In Texas

What is the sentence guidelines for the offense of "Terroristic Threat" in the State of Texas?

01/08/2008 | Category » Sentences  State » TX  #14548
Termination for Theft at a Department Store for Grand Larceny

I was termitnated from my job at a department store due to refund theft. I made fraudulent refund gift cards totalling $550. I returned all cards UNUSED to loss prevention. The cops were called and they came and took a statement, but I was not arrested. They said an investigator...

03/09/2009 | Category » Sentences  State » MS  #15493
When consecutive sentences are imposed how are they served?

When consecutive sentences are imposed are the sentences served in order of sentencing date? There are two separate sentences.

03/09/2009 | Category » Sentences  State » IN  #15501
In the state of Illinois, what kind of offense is a hit and run?

In the state of Illinois, what kind of offense is a hit and run? In particular backing into a parked car unoccupied.

03/15/2009 | Category » Sentences  State » IL  #15635
Can the court revoke my Conditional Discharge because I received a disorderly conduct violation?

I have a one year conditional discharge for a DUI. Can the court revoke my Conditional Discharge because I received a disorderly conduct violation? More importantly, will I go to prison as a result?

03/20/2009 | Category » Sentences  State » NY  #15702
What is the formal legal definition of 'imprisoned'?

What is the formal legal definition of 'imprisoned'? Is being held in a jail (charges dismissed)different than being imprisoned?

03/26/2009 | Category » Sentences  State » AZ  #15773
Can a person plead not guilty and a judge defer adjudication and then sentence someone?

Can a person be found not guilty during a hearing before a judge, and then the judge withhold adjudication and sentence that person to probation?

04/05/2009 | Category » Sentences  State » FL  #15889
Could my brother go to prison for manufacturing marijuana if he has no criminal past?

My brother was charged with manufacturing marijuana, possession with intent to sell, and deliver marijuana, maintaining a dwelling for a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia after 24 young plants were discovered in his bedroom closet. He is 36 years old, ve...

04/28/2009 | Category » Sentences  State » ALL  #16352
What could I do to someone who physically assaulted me resulting in my going to the hospital?

An argument evolved on a party bus between me and a 'friend'. It escalated and I flipped her off. I was wearing a ring on my middle finger which she claims hit her in the face when I flipped her off. I do believe that the ring hit her in the face as I do remember touching her fac...

04/29/2009 | Category » Sentences  State » ALL  #16394
How Much of a Prison Sentence is Served in Tennessee?

If my boyfriend has a plea bargain sentence of 35% of 4 years on a non violent offense, how much time will he likely serve in a Tennessee prison?

02/17/2011 | Category » Sentences  State » TN  #24244