Is there a statute of limitations on medical bills? have stacks of medical bills, limited income and hones...

05/18/2007 - Debts and Credit - State: KS #5173

Is there a statute of limitations on medical bills? have stacks of medical bills, limited income and honestly hope that there is a limit on how many years they can come back on me. I have payment arrangements with current medical bills or have been able to make settlements for less money regarding ongoing medical bills. But my credit report and my spouses' credit is horrible mainly because of past medical bills put into collections and put on our credit reports.

Answer:

The statute of limitations on open accounts in Kansas is three years. All information, good or bad, remains on a credit report for seven years with the exception of a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy which stays on the report for ten years.

You may want to consider getting financial counseling. If so, please go to the following website: http://www.daveramsey.com . Up in right hand column, click on “Financial Counseling.” Then click on “Find a Counselor” in the left hand column. Fill in the information requested for the name of a financial counselor near you.

05/18/2007 - Category: Debts and Credit - State: KS #5173

See more Questions in the Debts and Credit Category