Divorce » Child Support Legal Questions & Answers

Category: Divorce » Child Support
How does someone respond to a modification of child support?

I am writing for my husband who pays support for his two children. The mother has petitioned for a modification of support since she quit her job. She makes $96,200 per year. He makes $49,500. How do I respond to this petition? What do I mail to the court? We can't afford a lawye...

01/03/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » FL  #93
Can a mother refuse to acknowledge any father for her child?

Can a mother refuse to acknowledge any father for her child, allowing no one any paternal rights and obligating no one to supply financial support, if no male attempts to claim paternity?

01/03/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » OH  #109
If my husband is found to not be the father is he still liable for back child support?

My husband has a twelve year-old daughter who lives with her grandmother. The daughter has recently asked her father to submit to a DNA test. He just went to court on December 13th for twenty three thousand dollars in back child support and is now facing a jail sentence. We woul...

01/12/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » TN  #349
What does child support cover?

What does child support cover? My Daughter is very athletic and my ex will not even pay half for her registration fee's or equipment.

02/01/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » CO  #912
When I marry would I aquire my new husband's debt owed prior to our marriage?

You love someone and would love to marry them, but they have children and paying child support. By marrying them does it allow those collecting to look to me for payment. In other words, do I acquire his debt?

02/01/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » OR  #1168
How do I request that the court re-evaluate the order for child support since it has been 5 years?

I need a form that would request to see how much my ex-husband is making. I feel he is making quite a bit more than he was 5 years ago when the child support was set. How can I legally find out?

02/01/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » TX  #1280
Can a father get his child support changed to the county where he lives?

Can a father get his child support changed to the county where he lives if the mother still lives in the county where child support was established?

02/01/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » IN  #1365
What can happen if my employer did not withhold child support payments as ordered by court?

I recently had my divorce domesticated into Florida from Georgia and modified the child support so that it is deducted from my wages by my employer. The attorney handling my case also requested that the attorney's fees (to be paid by my former spouse) also be deducted through pay...

02/08/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » FL  #588
Where can I find an abeyance form for Oklahoma?

My son owes child support in Oklahoma. He is currently incarcerated in Arkansas and needs an abeyance form from Oklahoma to stop his support at its current level. He will not be eligible for parole from Arkansas until July 2012. Oklahoma has a hold on him when he is released. Can...

02/08/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » OK  #591
Can my ex-husband now dispute that our oldest daughter is his for purposes regarding child support?

My ex-husband and I have been divorced for 13 years. We have a 17 year old daughter. We were married when I was 4 months pregnant. We both knew she might not be his, but he said it didn't matter and signed the birth certificate. When she was 12, I had a paternity test done with t...

03/02/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » OH  #768
What percent of my pay will my current wife get for child support if we divorce?

I have 3 kids by 2 different women. I am paying 20% of my gross pay for the first child. My other two were with my current wife. My question is what percentage of my gross pay would go to my other 2 kids?

03/16/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » TX  #1624
How do I have the order for child support modified?

I need an example of how to amend a current child support portion of an existing divorce/property/child support judgement

03/27/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » NC  #2220
Where can I find a form for income of custodial parent to send to the court?

Where can I find a form for income of custodial parent to send to the court?

03/27/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » MI  #2223
Why would the cost of rehab for my child's mother be added to my child support?

I am currently paying child support through child support recovery in Georgia. My son is 12 years old and lives with his mother. My child's mother has gone through drug rehab twice (not successfully either time) and each time she goes in the center my child support bill goes up ...

03/27/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » GA  #2230
Where can I find forms to have alimony and child support reduced because of income?

Where can I find forms to have alimony and child support reduced because of income?

03/27/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » OH  #2235
How do I go back to court to have my child support order reviewed?

My unallocated child support is ending in June. My divorce decree states that I have the right to go back to court for review to have it continue. Also, The ex-husband has not shown me his taxes in 3 years. I want to know what I have to do. Do I just go to court and file form...

03/29/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » IL  #2352
How do I stop child support if my daughter has become emancipated?

I have a daughter that is now emancipation.So how do I stop child support

04/03/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » IL  #2537
Do I stop paying child support once my daughter turns 21 years old?

I am the noncustodial parent of a soon-to-be 21-year-old daughter. I was divorced in Lauderdale County, Mississippi but all parties are now living in Indiana. There is a foreign support order in Indiana, but the divorce itself was never transferred. My question is in regards t...

04/03/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » IN  #2573
If my child's father terminate his parental rights does he still have to pay child support?

My daughter will be 3 in July. Her father has only had contact once in the past year. He has seen her 8-10 times since her birth. He was paying chid support up until 3 months ago. He is addicted to meth and heroin. he has made the statement of signing of on his parental rights. ...

04/04/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » OR  #2623
How would I have child support sent to my daughter now that she is going to college?

My daughter is 17 and has graduated from high school and is attending college, my question is that I pay child support to her mother, if my daughter moves out on her own can I have the child support changed to go her instead of her mother.

04/05/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » IA  #2690
Is there such thing as a promise to pay for chid support?

I need more info of a promise to pay form for child support order.

04/08/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » VA  #2777
Is there anything I can file in court to get immediate child support?

My husband and I have been separated for about 8 months. He has paid some child support, but now refuses to, saying that he doesn't have to do that until the judge tells him so. He has been giving my son spending money weekly, but has not given me money, and the judge told him at...

04/15/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » TN  #3112
Would my husband terminated his parental rights is he still obligated to pay child support?

My husband has been diagnosed as bi-polar (12/06). Before this he had an episode where he had an affair, filed for divorce from me (which he has dropped) and fathered an unwanted child from the married woman he had an affair with. It is my understanding that since she was marri...

04/18/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » IL  #3177
Can my mother legally collect my child support if I move out or can it be sent to me?

I live in Washington, and I am 16, turning 17 in exactly two months. I am planning on moving out next month, and I will be moving in with a friend, wherein the expenses will be split. I am still in school, but will be going to a community college full time for my senior year. I...

04/23/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » WA  #3279
When should I stop paying child support if child becomes of age in middle of school year?

If Tennessee divorce decree states that "child support shall terminate when the minor child of the parties reaches the age of majority or otherwise becomes emancipated, or unless otherwise ordered by the court", and the child turns 18 in February but is still a senior in high sch...

04/24/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » ALL  #3285
Do I still owe for child support if the child is not living with the petitioning parent?

On a child support case, on the top of the form it has Abbreviation NCP name and CP name what do they stand for? And, if the petitioning parent does not even have the child living with her, can she still be owed child support? If the parent that owes child support is in prison i...

04/30/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » TX  #3463
At what age do I stop paying child support?

I am trying to find out the cut off date for child support. What age are they when you stop paying child support?

05/03/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » LA  #3659
Is my ex husband obligated to pay child support now that our daughter 18 but still a student?

Daughter turned 18 Nov '06, her father stopped paying $325 in support, and basically hasn't given her any money for gas to and from or school expenses. Are there any laws to cover her until she is out of school whether high school or college?

05/06/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » NC  #3888
If my eighteen year old marries, am I still responsible for child support?

I am trying to find out the laws for paying child support once the child has gotten married? We live in Tennessee and the child we are paying support to is 17, soon to be 18. Once she gets married, are we still responsible to pay child support.

05/06/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » TN  #3965
Am I still responsible for child support if my daughter is 19 and has a child of her own?

My daughter is 19 years old living in NY. She is unmarried and has a 3 month old baby. She is not in school. The state is stating that I must pay child support for her until she is 21, is this true and how much?

05/07/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » PA  #4032
Am I responsible for any further child support payments since my son is 18 and no longer in school?

My son turned 18 today. He lives with his father in the state of Mississippi. My son dropped out of high school to home school but that didn't last so he has obtained a GED and is also gainfully employed by his father in the insurance business. He is also to take his test to obt...

05/07/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » LA  #4035
Will my step daughter still be receiving child support once she moves out for college?

I have a stepdaughter who is turning 18 in July and she will be attending college in the Fall however she is planning on moving out on her own. How does this work with child support seeing her mother will no longer be supporting her?

05/07/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » MA  #4077
How do I have the child support to my ex stopped if the child is living with me?

My daughter has lived with me for one year at the end of May. I am still paying child support and have asked my ex to send me the money to take care of our daughter. I dont have the 900.00 plus that it takes to take my ex to court. My daughter chose to live with me due to horribl...

05/08/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » IN  #4248
What is the correct percentage to pay for child support for one child?

My girlfriend and I have been together for about 9 years and have a 6 year old son together. We are now separating and I would like to know how much child support I am supposed to pay. I also have 3 other children that live with my mother, and will be coming to live with me much ...

05/10/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » TN  #4375
See the following form on the USLF website: US-00800BG Motion to Modify Divorce Decree to Provid...

How do I go about having a court ordered child support modified? My ex-husband was self employed and did not appear in court. No records were found to support his amount of monthly income. He was ordered to pay $375.00 a month for my 3 children. I have been told that he now has a...

05/10/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » TX  #4401
What is a child support enforcement transmittal in a divorce case with a child?

I am in the process of a divorce in KS. Recently a child support enforcement transmittal was filed in the case. Our child is in school but 19. What is this about?

05/10/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » KS  #4436
Is my husband obligated to pay child support until child graduates if he has failed?

I am writing for my husband. He has been paying child support since 1993 for 4 children. His final decree states that after the last child turns 18 he no longer has to pay. He has paid until the last was to graduate, but due to not showing up to his first class, he has failed and...

05/11/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » GA  #4491
Am I still required to pay child support during the summer visitation?

My ex and I were divorced September of 2006 under GA law. I pay child support for one child and live out of state. I was inquiring if during my summer visitation rights when my son is with me, am I still required to pay child support for the time my ex is not supporting the chi...

05/12/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » GA  #4528
What is the legal percentage that can be deducted from my husbands check for child support?

Me and my husband live in OK but he is paying child support for 2 different cases in AZ. One of the cases is for back child support for 2 children who are both over the age of 18 and not enrolled in any type of school. The other case is for current and back child support for a ch...

05/12/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » OK  #4557
Am I still required to pay child support for the time that I have my children?

I was divorced in March 2007 in Alabama. I currently get my sons one on Wednesday night, one on Thursday night, both on Friday and Saturday until 6 PM. I give my ex-wife $500 a month child support. I want both of my sons from noon Wednesday until 6 PM Saturday which would give me...

05/12/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » AL  #4558
Why has my daughter's child support through the state been frozen while her father is incarcerated?

My daughter has tried to get support from the father of her child who has been incarcerated since 8/7/06 for stalking a minor, attempting to lure a minor child into a vehicle, criminal attempt, and parole violation. He has a history of this. He wants to be relieved of his financi...

05/13/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » PA  #4594
Can I sue for back support even if my daughter is 23 years old now?

My ex was a very controlling person so when we divorced he made the divorce rules as to get the divorce over with as soon as possible so he could be with his woman and her 2 kids. In doing so, he set a figure to child support $1,600.00 so we could live comfortably. He kept his bu...

05/13/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » PA  #4598
Am I entitled to only 25% of my ex husbands pay for child support?

I have a friend that is going through a non-contested divorce. They have two children and has been told that the legal amount of child support that he has to pay is 25% of his gross income. She would like to know if this is still the law. Also, if he receives any pay increases...

05/14/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » IL  #4713
How do I help my son get out of jail for non-payment of child support?

My granddaughter is 10 and I just found out she is living with her mothers sister for 2 years in Texas. My son has paid child support (although he is behind ) and has not been allowed to see her very often, sometimes it was 4 years at a time. The mother moved around and changed ...

05/14/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » AR  #4755
When does child support end in the state of Indiana?

My daughter's mother and I went through a paternity suit a few years back. Child support was set, but my daughter does not carry my name. When does child support end in the state of Indiana? My child turned 18 last August and graduates from high school next month. Her mother beli...

05/17/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » IN  #5094
What is the law on child support while the child attend's college?

What is the law on child support while the child attends college?

05/17/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » IL  #5116
What is child support based on?

I would like to know how much child support one would recieve, based on minimum wage, for the years 1973-1994?

05/18/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » NY  #5145

In every divorce proceeding involving children, the issue of child support will arise and tho...

I live in Illinois. Is it possible for me to stop paying child support all together, i.e., current as well as back child support? If so, what do I need to do?

05/18/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » IL  #5217
How do I extend child support for children over 18 and still in school?

How do I extend child support for children over 18 and still in school?

05/19/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » TX  #5341
How far behind in child support does one need to be before his/her licenses is revoked?

How far behind in child support does one need to be before his/her licenses is revoked? What is the process in getting a child support payment increased? And does it require going to court?

05/20/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » MI  #5364
Am I legally required to contiune paying child support if I was found not to be the father?

I have been paying child support for the last seven years for my daughter. Recently I became aware that I may not be the paternal father. I have recently had a DNA test performed and I was eliminated as the possible father. Legally am I still required to pay child support?

05/22/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » FL  #5603
Does my son's child support end at age 18?

My son is 17 and getting to graduate from high school in June. Custody papers do not specify when child support ends. Is it when my son graduates or turns 18?

05/23/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » VA  #5710
Is my husband still responsible for paying child support since his daughter is married?

My stepdaughter (18) for whom my husband has been paying child support had a baby in October 2006, got married in January 2007 and graduated from high school. My husband would like to know where to find written support on what his rights are in stopping the child support. He file...

05/24/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » AL  #5818
Will my ex-husbands divorce effect my child support payments?

I have a child with my ex-husband and my ex-husband is currently paying child support. He is remarried and has 2 more children with his current wife. I just found out his current wife is serving him divorce papers. I am worried about this affecting the child support I am recei...

05/24/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » MN  #5830
What can I do if I think I have been overcharged for child support?

Are there any papers that I can file to show how much child support has been paid. I feel that I have been over charged by the Cuyahoga County Child Support system. I have pay check stubs but not all, what can I do about this matter?

05/24/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » OH  #5875
Could my ex wife's affair help my in winning the child support case?

My soon to be ex wife has had a relationship with another man whom I think is also married. Will this affect my child support payments when we do get to court. I do have proof of the relationship that I can use if need be I do not make alot of money and private school eats all of...

05/26/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » MI  #5960
What should I do if I am Owed Back Child Support?

I was divorced in Ca. approx. 1992. In 1995 I moved to Or., at the same time my X served papers for child custody of our 2 girls. I have had the girls since 1996 and was to receive child support through his wage assignment. My X was laid-off about 6 years ago and he started payin...

05/26/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » OR  #5968
Since my son is 18 is there anyway child support can be mandated by Missouri law?

I have an 18 year old son who failed his last semester of high school and did not graduate. He has lived with with his dad the last 6 months. I just received a motion to modify where both child support and college tuition is being requested. Since my son is 18 is there anyway chi...

06/11/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » MO  #6347

In a Uniform Interstate Family Support Act proceeding to enforce a registered alimony or child...

What state's age of majority governs a child support agreement--the one it was ordered in or the state the child lives in? Background--My California child support decree requires support to be paid to the mother until the 'age of majority.' . After age of majority the support...

08/06/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » ALL  #7739
Why is my son obligated to pay child support until his daughter is 19 if she has two kids?

My son had a daughter when he was 19 years of age. He married and then divorced the mother two years later. My grandaughter is eighteen and pregnant for the second time. She was kicked out of school two years ago. Since then she has been in a school program where she is to turn ...

08/17/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » CA  #7998
Is my husband still obligated to pay child support if the child is living with us now?

My husband was married before, when they got divorced the divorce papers say that custody is shared, it also states child support is to be paid to the mother. Now the mother has moved 230 miles from us and his daughter, my step daughter has lived with us and attended school from...

09/12/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » WI  #8631
Can my ex garnish my wages for support if there is no order through the court?

Son went to live with Dad, Dad is remarried and ex's wife is spiteful, etc. I had taken Dad to court 4 years ago for support and won. Fast forward son wants better schools and lives with dad now. I dropped the support and started paying him...not before he filed in court for chil...

09/20/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » NC  #8912
What can I do if my ex-husband has stopped paying child support?

I have reason to suspect my ex husband has stopped paying his weekly child support. I believe in retaliation for our son not visiting him recently. (Our son is 16 and we live in different states). My question is; can he just stop paying child support out of the blue without con...

09/20/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » ALL  #8922
What is the best way to refigure child support since my oldrest child has been emancipated?

My ex wife and I are in the process of refiguring our child support due to the emancipation of our oldest son. She has stated on her paperwork that she is only working 32 hours when she is perfectly capable of working 40. If we use the 40 hours there is a 10% change, if not then ...

09/24/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » CO  #8998
Can I file a claim for child support against my ex-spouse's estate 33 years after the fact?

Can an ex-spouse file a claim against her ex-husbands estate for unpaid child support 33 years after the youngest child was a minor? The children in question are now 47 & 50 years of age.

09/25/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » ALL  #9034
Do I still have to pay child support after my son turns 18?

I have paid child support for my son for the last 15 years. He turns 18 in Dec. of this year. Do I still have to pay child support after he turns 18? We don't have a court order between his mother and I so I don't have anything to reference. Thank you.

10/01/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » NH  #9394

Case law ordering child support by non-biological fathers exists, but the determination is mad...

I have a friend and he has one child by a woman, this woman also has an older child from a previous relationship in which this childs biological father doen't support and isn't in has life. My friend has take on the responsiblity of this child also in fathering and support. My qu...

10/03/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » CA  #9563
Am I still responsible for child support if the child is no longer in school?

My wife who I have not lived with for 3 years let my 17 going to be 18 in jan. quit school. Do I have to still pay child support? She lives in Florida and I live in Utah.

10/05/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » UT  #9753
What is my obligation to child support for my 19 year old son who is in college?

My 19 year old son is a full time college student and chose to move out of his mothers house and move into an apartment with a friend. Should I still be paying child support on him or has he emancipated himself?

11/01/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » NY  #11388
Can my driving privileges be suspended for not paying child support?

I was given an order by the court to have my driver's license re-instated on September 4, 2007, and on November 2, 2007 presented the Court Order to The Florida Department of Motor Vehicles, Division of Driver's Licenses, and they refused to complie with the Order Stating that th...

11/05/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » FL  #11661
Am I still responsible for child support now that my son is 19 and no longer in school?

I have a 18 year old son who lives with his father. I am required to pay child support and health insurance. On my son's 19th birthday, he or his dad was supposed to send me papers stating he was still enrolled in school, as per the insurance company. I do not have the paperwo...

11/16/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » IN  #12365
Is there a way to remove my my husband from the deed if he is in arrears on child payment?

I bought a house with a boyfriend-we were never married-we have two children in common -I have an order of protection against him- The question is he owes approx. $15,000.00 in child support I live in the house with the children. I want to ask the support court if we can do a...

11/17/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » NY  #12449
What is the age for child support ending in New Jersey?

What is the age for child support ending in NJ and what if the child in college? Does it matter if he or she is of is not a full time student and how many credits a year he or she gets?

12/03/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » NJ  #13268
Child support payments used for other services/expenses while child is not living with the parent.

Is it fraud when a parent receives child support checks and the child is not living there or received any money from those checks? The parent spent the money on themself.

12/30/2007 | Category » Child Support  State » NC  #14343
How do I collect half of my children's SSI since we share custody 50/50?

I have 2 disabled children over 21 yrs and am trying to get 1/2 of their ssi payment from my divorced wife. I have 50/50 custody of them and their mother will not pay me my portion of the money for their care. What forms do I need to file to go to court to take care of this?

12/30/2008 | Category » Child Support  State » CO  #14885
Would I still have to pay child support if I have the kids an equal amount of time?

I received a letter from the court to have a modification. I will be paying a lot more than what I'm paying right now. I want to know if I get joint custody will I still have to pay any child support. Right now I have my kids only on weekends, but I heard that if I have them for ...

01/01/2009 | Category » Child Support  State » AZ  #14897
What are the options when one spouse wants to keep marital home but can not afford it?

A friend of mine is seeking a divorce. He and his wife have been married for 15 years and they own a home, in both their names. She will not move out but can't afford the house on her own. He doesn't want to ruin his credit but can't afford to pay for two places. What are his...

01/12/2009 | Category » Child Support  State » TX  #14967
How do I word in the divorce if I am getting custody with no child suport as agreed by both parties?

I am the father of a child. If the mother and I agree that I should have 100% custody and that I do not want any child support, how do I relay that information in the final decree?

01/15/2009 | Category » Child Support  State » TX  #14995
What can I file to have my court date extended until I can hire an attorney?

I went to court via telephone. This is a child support issue. They are trying to double the support based on 1994. Since then my C-Corp has taken a plunge and I can't pay what the original order was. They want a P and L. Now, I have another date set for the beginning of Febr...

01/21/2009 | Category » Child Support  State » TX  #15034
Can the state force me to pay child support even if I do not see my child?

I am the non-custodial parent and my daughter lives about two hours away from me. My question is: The custodial parent has a master's degree in teaching and has a great job with benefits. She has always made too much money to recieve any benefits from the state. Yet, I am ordered...

02/06/2009 | Category » Child Support  State » NM  #15182
How is child support and alimony calculated in Texas?

We have been married 7 years and have 2 kids without any special needs. I make 50 grand a year and my wife stays at home with the kids. She wants full custody. What is a reasonable amount of alimony and child support to pay?

02/16/2009 | Category » Child Support  State » TX  #15255
What is the legal term that is used for continuation of child support once child is of age?

What is the legal term that is used for continuation of child support after the child reaches age of majority and is in college? Please email the correct terminology used to file motion on continuation of child support for 19 year old who is attending college. The father refuses ...

03/08/2009 | Category » Child Support  State » AL  #15482
Which state would a Modification of Child Support need to be filed in?

Can my friend, a divorced woman of 8 years who was divorced against her wishes in Texas and who received a less than adequate financial arrangement there, file a petition for child support here in California? She has raised her 2 sons here for 8 years (98% of the time) on her own...

03/09/2009 | Category » Child Support  State » CA  #15504
What is the definition of extraordinary medical expenses in the State of Virginia?

What is the definition of extraordinary medical expenses in the State of Virginia when dealing with children?

03/15/2009 | Category » Child Support  State » VA  #15637
How do I respond to the show cause since I suspended my alimony payments?

I have received a petition for rule to show cause from my ex wife because I have temporarily suspended maintenance payments due to financial stress. How do I file a response with the court and her attorney? Is there a form, document or process I should follow?

03/23/2009 | Category » Child Support  State » IL  #15726
Does child support include tutor fees and extra activities after school?

Does child support include tutor fees and extra activities after school?

03/24/2009 | Category » Child Support  State » CA  #15752
Is there a amount of time that I have to wait before filing a Petition to Increase Child support?

I filed a Petition to Increase Child support on 5/13/08. The judge just made an order on it on 4/1/09. Is there a certain amount of time that I have to wait before filing another Petition to Increase Child Support? How would one go about filing for the non-custodial parent to p...

04/03/2009 | Category » Child Support  State » IL  #15863
Can property owned by both myself and my second wife be seized for back child support?

If a Father has a writ served for back child support, can they seize property, etc., even if the items are co-owned by Father & second wife as her name is on property also.

04/27/2009 | Category » Child Support  State » ALL  #16161
How do I collect a Judgement on my ex-wife?

I have a judgement against my ex-wife on our divorce settlement she never paid. Can I put an attachment on my child support payments. My understanding is if it can be done that I would have to get the attachment sent to the agency that processes the payment. I would still send in...

04/27/2009 | Category » Child Support  State » ALL  #16179
Can I be forced to pay child support even though I did not know the cihld existed?

One year ago I was contacted by a former girlfriend. She told me she believed her 13 year old daughter was mine. I had no idea I had a daughter or even the possibility. She left me prior to telling me she was pregnant and moved from Texas to Arizona with another man. The child wa...

04/27/2009 | Category » Child Support  State » ALL  #16192
Is my ex-husband still legally obligated to pay our son's college if he has turned 21 years old?

My son is 22 years old and has one semester left before graduating from Indiana University. His father lives on Long Island, NY . He and I, his mother, live in Arlington Heights, IL. Since freshman year, his father has paid for the spring semester tuition of college while I have ...

04/28/2009 | Category » Child Support  State » IL  #16258
Can I still collect child support if the child has my maiden name and not his fathers?

I am currently divorced and remarried. I have a son from my first marriage who bears my maiden name. His father showed up three years ago and just found out that he does not have his last name. He stated that he wants nothing to do with him. I do not have a court order for child...

04/29/2009 | Category » Child Support  State » SC  #16423
Am I still responsible for child support if my daughter is eighteen and not in school?

I proudly pay my wife child support directly to her each month as ordered by the Court. I believe my eldest daughter has been emancipated since 11/1/07. She is eighteen years old, she quit high school, moved out of her mother's house, and works full time, making almost what I do....

04/30/2009 | Category » Child Support  State » ALL  #16486
My son's ex-wife is suing for back child support but the children are grown. Is this legal?

My son, age 46, was married to a drug addict for many years. They had 2 children. When they divorced, he was ordered by the court to pay child support. Due to the stress of the divorce, he lost his job of 18 years and had to take a much lower-paying job. He is now doing a little...

04/30/2009 | Category » Child Support  State » CA  #16491
Am I still responsible for backpay of child support if I did not even know the child was mine?

I and another man was dating a woman in 1989. They got married because she was pregant with his child as he thought. A few years later (1998) when he had filed for divorced, the divorce decree said/stated that there was a child born to this marriage and he was to pay child supp...

04/30/2009 | Category » Child Support  State » KY  #16496
Am I still responsible for paying child support for my 20 year old daughter?

I live in Colorado and my divorce was granted in Colorado. Both my ex-wife and estranged 20 year old daughter also live in Colorado. The divorce order requires that I pay for medical coerage for minor children and that I am responsible for a percentage of uncovered expenses. D...

05/01/2009 | Category » Child Support  State » CO  #16507
How do I keep the mother of my child from harrassing me for more child support?

My baby's mom is taking me back to court for child support. I explained to her that it is taken out of my check every payday. Instead she takes me to court stating that I make more; however, I make less. What could my defense be in a case like this, because I feel I’m ...

05/05/2009 | Category » Child Support  State » ALL  #16573
How can I have the order for child support modified?

My ex pays his second ex wife at least 10 times the child support for the one child he has with his brief 24 month marriage to her. He does this by letting her live rent free in a 2 million dollar home, and paying all of her expenses through the business. She also gets $2,000 per...

05/06/2009 | Category » Child Support  State » CA  #16597
How and where would I get the child support order revised?


05/25/2009 | Category » Child Support  State » FL  #16774
What is the law regarding child support once the age of majority is reached?

What is the law regarding age of majority and child support for children who may attend college after age of majority? Is it mandated for the father to continue support of child regardless of circumstances?

06/01/2009 | Category » Child Support  State » NV  #16838
How would I enforce the divorce decree and get an order for college support?

In my divorce decree, it states: POST SECONDARY EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT--The court shall maintain jurisdiction up to age 23 persuant to RCW 26.19.090 to determine parental contribution for payment of the children's college expenses. My oldest daughter (there are 3 children) is now 17...

06/02/2009 | Category » Child Support  State » WA  #16849
Can an Affidavit Be Used in Virginia to Terminate Duty of Child Support?

I live in the state of Virginia and my boyfriend lives in Pennsylvania. I'm having his baby, but I want to release him from any financial obligation toward the baby (child support). Is an affidavit the correct way to go? Will an affidavit hold in court?

06/11/2009 | Category » Child Support  State » VA  #16931
What is the Liability for Child Support After Minority in Wisconsin?

I have a step-daughter that turns 18 in July, and will be attending college as a full time student. My wife's divorce decree notes that child support ends when the child reaches 18. In the provisions of the decree, the parents agreed to claim their daughter as a dependent ever...

06/21/2009 | Category » Child Support  State » WI  #17098