Divorce Legal Questions and Answers

What are the residency requirements for a divorce in California?

I live in California and would like to know the residency requirements to be complied for filing a divorce in California.

03/03/2017   |   Category: Divorce   |   State: California   |   #33261

Does California have no-fault divorce?

I am married, but I have a girlfriend too. We want to get married but before that I would like to legally divorce my wife. Can I file a divorce without proving any fault on her behalf? We live in California.

03/03/2017   |   Category: Divorce   |   State: California   |   #33260

My wife filed two divorce cases in two different counties. Can I get the second one canceled?

My wife has filed two divorce cases against me, in two different counties in Pennsylvania. First one she’s filed in the county where we last lived and the second one in the county where she is now living with her parents. Can I get the second one canceled?

02/24/2017   |   Category: Divorce   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #32802

Within how many days wait before is a divorce petition heard?

I was gonna file for divorce tomorrow, but now I need to go to N.Y. for a month for a project. How long does it take before Kansas courts hear a divorce petition? Do they have a time frame or something in this regard?

02/20/2017   |   Category: Divorce   |   State: Kansas   |   #32503

Can a marriage be invalidated if a prior divorce in another state does not conform to Connecticut law?

I was writing an article on marriage and divorce laws in Connecticut, but I got stuck on a problem. Can a marriage be invalid if a prior divorce in another state fails to conform with the laws of Connecticut?

02/16/2017   |   Category: Divorce   |   State: Connecticut   |   #32274

Can a wife restore her maiden name after obtaining divorce in Michigan?

I’m a resident of Michigan and am planning to get a divorce from my husband. How do restore my maiden name after the divorce?

02/13/2017   |   Category: Divorce   |   State: Michigan   |   #32042

Can I change my name in a divorce or dissolution of marriage in Iowa?

I had filed for dissolution of marriage on the grounds that my husband had a wife living at the time of his marriage to me. After my marriage, I had changed my name. Can I request the court to change my name to what it is in my birth certificate as a part of the decree of dissolution?

02/06/2017   |   Category: Divorce   |   State: Iowa   |   #31616

Is remarriage permissible right after a divorce in Texas or is there a waiting period?

I am a resident of Texas. My husband and I got divorced last week but we soon realized that we cannot live without each other. The misunderstandings between us are resolved. We want to get married again. Can we do it immediately or is there any time period set by law?

01/20/2017   |   Category: Divorce   |   State: Texas   |   #30657

Is separation a valid ground for divorce in Wisconsin?

I live in Wisconsin. My husband and I have been living separately for the past one and a half years. I am thinking of filing for divorce. Can separation be a ground for divorce?

01/18/2017   |   Category: Divorce   |   State: Wisconsin   |   #30516

What is the validity of an out-of-state divorce which is not authorized in Maine?

My husband and I are residents of Maine. We filed for a divorce in Washington because the ground for divorce we were seeking for was not authorized in Maine. We would like to know if our divorce will be valid in Maine?

01/18/2017   |   Category: Divorce   |   State: Maine   |   #30493