Is a 15 year old able to choose who he wants to live with?

04/19/2007 - Guardianship - State: MD #3216

Full Question:

A child wants to leave his aunt's house and move back in with his mother. The aunt has custody of him. Can he tell the aunt that he is moving back to his mothers? He is only 15 year old.


A child needs to be emancipated to be free from the custody of an adult.

Please see the information at the following links: Please see the forms at the following links:

04/19/2007 - Category: Guardianship - State: MD #3216

See more Questions in the Guardianship Category