Guardianship Legal Questions and Answers

What are the requirements to be come a ward of the state?

what are the requirements to be come a ward of the state

05/13/2017   |   Category: Guardianship   |   State: ALL   |   #37108

How do Guardianships work? What are rights of Parents after Guardianship and Guardians?

If permanent guardianship is granted to grandparent.are they supposed to financially support the minor children or can biological parent be court ordered to pay child support. Could you please explain how Guardianships work?

04/24/2017   |   Category: Guardianship   |   State: ALL   |   #36179

How do I make a current living situation where my granddaughter lives with me permanent?

How do I make a current living situation where my granddaughter who is 15.11 months old and lives at my home permantly for the last 4 months a permantly situation with guardian rights

04/20/2017   |   Category: Guardianship   |   State: Massachusetts   |   #36014

Child removed from birth mother due to drugs. Can Mother now get the child back from paternal Aunt?

Child removed from birth mother due to drugs and negligence been with paternal aunt and uncle for a year now birth mother threatens to take daughter back what are the guardians rights?

04/20/2017   |   Category: Guardianship   |   State: Tennessee   |   #35985

Can I add someone to be guardian with me of my Grandson?

I have guardianship of my grandson since 2012 , can I as someone to be guardian with me .. I have been living with his grandfather for four years and would like to add him to the gaurdianship since he is helping raise our grand son

04/19/2017   |   Category: Guardianship   |   State: Delaware   |   #35927

Can a person convicted of a felony be a guardian in Florida?

Good afternoon, I have 2 drug felonies in which I plead no contest to in my pasy, in which I completed Drug Court for for one, and served probation time for in 2002 for the other successfully. If my mother, who naturally has legal guardianship for over my sister, dies suddenly, am I now, with no charges to date at 40 yrs of age, as I was then, an unresponsible 20 year old, abl...

03/05/2017   |   Category: Guardianship   |   State: Florida   |   #33380

Will the guardianship of a guardian in socage over a minor’s property terminate after marriage?

I am a 17-year-old woman married with my parent’s consent. I wanna know whether the guardianship over my property terminates after marriage?

02/16/2017   |   Category: Guardianship   |   State: New York   |   #32266

What is the law on concurrent custody proceedings of a child?

I live in Florida with my nephew for the past two years. His parents live elsewhere. I would like to know the law on concurrent custody proceedings of the child.

01/13/2017   |   Category: Guardianship   |   State: Florida   |   #30067

How can the guardianship be terminated in Florida?

I live with my court appointed guardian in Florida. I would like to know how can the guardianship be terminated?

01/04/2017   |   Category: Guardianship   |   State: Florida   |   #29415

Can I resign from a guardianship?

I would like to resign from guardianship. Is it possible?

01/04/2017   |   Category: Guardianship   |   State: Florida   |   #29414