Guardianship Legal Questions and Answers

Can a person convicted of a felony be a guardian in Florida?

Good afternoon, I have 2 drug felonies in which I plead no contest to in my pasy, in which I completed Drug Court for for one, and served probation time for in 2002 for the other successfully. If my mother, who naturally has legal guardianship for over my sister, dies suddenly, am I now, with no charges to date at 40 yrs of age, as I was then, an unresponsible 20 year old, abl...

03/05/2017   |   Category: Guardianship   |   State: Florida   |   #33380

Will the guardianship of a guardian in socage over a minor’s property terminate after marriage?

I am a 17-year-old woman married with my parent’s consent. I wanna know whether the guardianship over my property terminates after marriage?

02/16/2017   |   Category: Guardianship   |   State: New York   |   #32266

What is the law on concurrent custody proceedings of a child?

I live in Florida with my nephew for the past two years. His parents live elsewhere. I would like to know the law on concurrent custody proceedings of the child.

01/13/2017   |   Category: Guardianship   |   State: Florida   |   #30067

How can the guardianship be terminated in Florida?

I live with my court appointed guardian in Florida. I would like to know how can the guardianship be terminated?

01/04/2017   |   Category: Guardianship   |   State: Florida   |   #29415

Can I resign from a guardianship?

I would like to resign from guardianship. Is it possible?

01/04/2017   |   Category: Guardianship   |   State: Florida   |   #29414

I am suffering from cancer. Is it possible to appoint a successor guardian for my child?

I live with my son in Florida. My son was adopted a year ago. Recently, I found that I am suffering from cancer. As a result, it would be difficult for me to provide him with care and maintenance in the coming years. Is it possible to appoint a successor guardian for my child?

01/04/2017   |   Category: Guardianship   |   State: Florida   |   #29409

Can the court appoint a family member as the court monitor?

My wife and I live in Florida. I am acting as the guardian to my minor brother who is incapacitated. The court has appointed a person as court monitor who is not from our family. I would like to know whether the court may appoint a family member as the court monitor?

01/04/2017   |   Category: Guardianship   |   State: Florida   |   #29408

Can the ward and guardian relationship be revoked?

I am a 15-year-old living in North Carolina with my guardian. Lately, my guardian has been ill-treating me by inflicting physical and mental injury. I do not want to live with him anymore. Can the ward and guardian relationship be revoked?

12/30/2016   |   Category: Guardianship   |   State: North Carolina   |   #29139

Will the guardian have the power over an unmarried 19 year old?

I am the court appointed guardian of my 18 year old niece since the death of her parents. She is turning 19 next month. Will I still have the power and responsibilities of a guardian over her since she is unmarried and does not have parents? What is the law in North Dakota?

12/28/2016   |   Category: Guardianship   |   State: North Dakota   |   #28911

How do I get guardianship of my disabled sister transferred from my daughter to me?

12/23/2016   |   Category: Guardianship   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #28703