What rights do tenants have if being harrassed by management and maintenance personnel?

04/01/2007 - Landlord Tenant - State: MD #2448

What legal remedies are available under Maryland law when tenants of a mobile home park are harassed on a daily basis by so called management/maintenance personal residing in the mobile home park?

This depends in part of what type of harassment. Anyone that faces any kind of harassment from their landlord should draft and send a letter requesting that the landlord further cease from disturbing tenant’s quiet enjoyment of the premises. Quiet enjoyment refers to the right of an occupant of real property, particularly of a residence, to enjoy and use premises in peace and without interference. Quiet enjoyment is generally an implied condition in a lease.

Such a letter could take the following form: This letter is to provide you with legal notice that I consider your conduct toward me to constitute harassment. Specific incidents of conduct include: (describe specifics). This conduct interferes with my quiet enjoyment of the leasehold, and constitutes unlawful harassment. You are hereby warned to cease and desist in this conduct. I reserve all legal rights and remedies in connection with these, or future incidents.

Please see the information at the following links: Please see the forms at the following links:

04/01/2007 - Category: Landlord Tenant - State: MD #2448

See more Questions in the Landlord Tenant Category