Landlord Tenant Legal Questions and Answers

With a notice to quite am I required to keep paying rent?

With a notice to quite am I required to keep paying rent

04/29/2017   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: New York   |   #36401

How much can a landlord charge for breaking lease one month early?

how much can a landlord charge for breaking lease one month early.

04/29/2017   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: Georgia   |   #36399

Is it a lease violation if property manager won't reprimand my neighbors for loud noises?

is it a lease violation if property mang.wont reprimand my neighbors after I have complained about them constantly being loud?

04/22/2017   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: West Virginia   |   #36108

I have just been served a disposessory warrant. The statements made in it are not accurate. Such as

I have just been served a disposessory warrant. The statements made in it are not accurate. Such as owners address, says I failed to pay rent, and hold premises over and beyond the term of lease or rental agreement. I have never had a rental agreement because my fiance mother owns the property. My fiances brother has taken her mother to live with him in another state and ha...

04/21/2017   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: Georgia   |   #36095

If I am getting sick due to mold in my aprartment can I terminate the lease?

I rent a house in Amherst NY. I've lived there for over 4 years, and have been getting sick due to the presence of Toxic Mold through out the house. I can not live there anymore, It is making me very sick. Can I terminate my lease do to the poor living conditions ?

03/15/2017   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: New York   |   #34011

Can my landlord put a bench warrant out for me if I can't pay rent?

03/10/2017   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: Oklahoma   |   #33747

If I have been living with mold for 8 months and the old landlord sells the property.

If I have been living with mold for 8 months and the old landlord sells the property. Who do I sue the old landlord or the new landlord?

03/09/2017   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: Louisiana   |   #33687

Do I have to pay for a utility related charge that was not disclosed in my lease?

I live in an apartment complex in Tustin,CA. I'm billed directly for gas and electric. A Utilities Billing Service gathers water, sewer and trash fees billed to the complex owner, prorates those fees according the number of units and sends me a bill. Recently, a new item identified as O.C. Sanitation District was added ($19) to the bill. There was no prior notice of this add...

03/08/2017   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: California   |   #33601

Can a landlord enter into the rental house without taking tenant’s consent?

When can a landlord enter into the rental house without taking tenant’s permission?

03/03/2017   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: Iowa   |   #33280

Can there be a provision in the rental agreement in which one party agrees to pay the other party's attorney fees.

My landlord says that he wants to add a clause in the agreement, which says that the tenant would be responsible for paying landlord attorney fees in case there is any conflict. Is that a legal thing to do? Please advise.

03/03/2017   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: Iowa   |   #33278