Landlord Tenant Legal Questions and Answers

What rights does a landlord have to enter my rental unit and turn off utility services?

I am late on my rent my landlord has entered my rental home more then 3 times in one week she has turn my breaker off as well as my hotwater heater and dryer she has sent me sevreral disrespectful text messages she also has put a lock box out on the porch with a key to the house because she has put it on the market for sale. Do I have any rights because she is violating my priv...

06/03/2017   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: Alabama   |   #38597

Can my Landlord send me notices of rent increase or to vacate by email?

My Landlord sent me a notice of rent increase and later a notice to vacate by email. Is that legal notice and do I have to respond to an email notice?

05/03/2017   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: California   |   #36618

With a notice to quite am I required to keep paying rent?

With a notice to quite am I required to keep paying rent

04/29/2017   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: New York   |   #36401

How much can a landlord charge for breaking lease one month early?

how much can a landlord charge for breaking lease one month early.

04/29/2017   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: Georgia   |   #36399

Landlord charging me for repairs I advised him were needed to be done.

Landlord charging me for repairs I advised him were needed to be done a year before I moved out but he kept making excuses. Can he deduct those from my deposit after I move eventhough I kept asking for those items to be fixed?

04/29/2017   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: California   |   #36394

Is it a lease violation if property manager won't reprimand my neighbors for loud noises?

is it a lease violation if property mang.wont reprimand my neighbors after I have complained about them constantly being loud?

04/22/2017   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: West Virginia   |   #36108

I have just been served a disposessory warrant. The statements made in it are not accurate. Such as

I have just been served a disposessory warrant. The statements made in it are not accurate. Such as owners address, says I failed to pay rent, and hold premises over and beyond the term of lease or rental agreement. I have never had a rental agreement because my fiance mother owns the property. My fiances brother has taken her mother to live with him in another state and ha...

04/21/2017   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: Georgia   |   #36095

If I am getting sick due to mold in my aprartment can I terminate the lease?

I rent a house in Amherst NY. I've lived there for over 4 years, and have been getting sick due to the presence of Toxic Mold through out the house. I can not live there anymore, It is making me very sick. Can I terminate my lease do to the poor living conditions ?

03/15/2017   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: New York   |   #34011

Can my landlord put a bench warrant out for me if I can't pay rent?

03/10/2017   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: Oklahoma   |   #33747

If I have been living with mold for 8 months and the old landlord sells the property.

If I have been living with mold for 8 months and the old landlord sells the property. Who do I sue the old landlord or the new landlord?

03/09/2017   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: Louisiana   |   #33687