Landlord Tenant Legal Questions and Answers

How to recover real and personal property that has been leased together?

I’ve been advised to file an petition to remove my tenant. What I further want to know is can I also recover all my furniture and personal property that are in the leased house, in the same case?

02/24/2017   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: District Of Columbia   |   #32809

Can a tenant and landlord mutually agree to waive notice to quit?

In District of Columbia, can a tenant and landlord mutually agree on not giving a notice to quit.

02/24/2017   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: District Of Columbia   |   #32808

In the absence of the tenant, can the landlord give the notice to quit to the tenant’s brother staying at the rental unit?

I need my tenant to leave the house so that I can let my friend stay there. But the problem is that my tenant is out on a business tour, and at present, it is only his brother staying at the house. Is it enough if I give the notice to quit to the tenant’s brother? I live in District of Columbia.

02/24/2017   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: District Of Columbia   |   #32803

What should a tenant do if he receives any notice of lawsuit related to recovery of possession of the leased house?

What should a tenant do if he receives any notice of lawsuit related to recovery of possession of the leased house where he resides with family?

02/22/2017   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: California   |   #32665

If the lease has expired does the acceptance of rent by landlord imply that the lease has been renewed?

My lease got expired two months back, but I still stay in the house and even pay the rent. My landlord is a nice guy and has no issues till now. Does the acceptance of rental payments imply that the lease has been renewed? I need to know the relevant California law on this.

02/22/2017   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: California   |   #32664

When is the notice to quit not necessary in Kansas?

I live in rented house in Kansas. I need to shift to Mississippi ASAP due to personal reasons. Is it always necessary to give a notice to quit to the landlord? What are the conditions where a notice to quit may not be necessary?

02/20/2017   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: Kansas   |   #32497

What will be the term of tenancy, if the agreement does not fix a definite lease term?

My dad rented out his property in Kansas to an old couple. His lease agreement does not have a clause that speaks on the term of the tenancy. In this case, how is the term of tenancy fixed?

02/20/2017   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: Kansas   |   #32496

Can a rental agreement be modified?

00000000000It’s been a year since I rented out my apartment to a student in Indiana. How do I go about modifying the existing rental agreement?

02/20/2017   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: Indiana   |   #32493

How should a property be delivered to the landlord upon termination of occupancy?

I ‘m gonna vacate my rental property out in Indiana in a month’s time. I wanna know the law on delivery of property to the landlord upon termination of occupancy in Indiana.

02/20/2017   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: Indiana   |   #32491

Can the landlord enter the rental unit in the tenant’s absence?

My tenant is a bachelor but he seemed like a cool guy so I rented my house to him. My problem is that he leaves the house for months, sometimes without even notifying me. What I would like to know is, can I enter the rental unit in my tenant’s absence? I live in Connecticut.

02/16/2017   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: Connecticut   |   #32271