Is there a minimum age mandated by Washington state to get a tattoo?
02/01/2007 - Minors - State: WA #908
Is there a minimum age mandated by Washington state to get a tattoo? May a parent sign a permission slip if a minor is under the permitted age?
All persons shall be deemed and taken to be of full age for all purposes at the age of eighteen years. Chap. 26.28, RCW 26.28.010
Age of majority for enumerated specific purposes.
Notwithstanding any other provision of law, and except as provided under RCW 26.50.020, all persons shall be deemed and taken to be of full age for the specific purposes hereafter enumerated at the age of eighteen years:
(1) To enter into any marriage contract without parental consent if otherwise qualified by law;
(2) To execute a will for the disposition of both real and personal property if otherwise qualified by law;
(3) To vote in any election if authorized by the Constitution and otherwise qualified by law;
(4) To enter into any legal contractual obligation and to be legally bound thereby to the full extent as any other adult person;
(5) To make decisions in regard to their own body and the body of their lawful issue whether natural born to or adopted by such person to the full extent allowed to any other adult person including but not limited to consent to surgical operations;
(6) To sue and be sued on any action to the full extent as any other adult person in any of the courts of this state, without the necessity for a guardian ad litem.
Chap. 26.28, RCW 26.28.015
See US-00513BG Waiver, Release, and Consent to Tattoo
Please see the information at the following links: Please see the forms at the following links:
02/01/2007 - Category: Minors - State: WA #908
See more Questions in the Minors Category