Minors Legal Questions and Answers

What do I do if my child will not obey any of my rules, misses school all the time, etc?

What do I do if my child will not obey any of my rules, misses school all the time and simply cannot be controlled by me, her Mother?

03/10/2017   |   Category: Minors   |   State: California   |   #33745

What is the punishment for child non-support in New York?

I insulted my dad’s gf. After that, my dad’s attitude towards me has changed completely. He refuses to pay my school fee, stopped buying me clothes, school supplies etc. I literally have to beg him for everything. How can I get my dad behind the bars for not giving child support to me? I am 15 years old and a resident of N.Y.

03/09/2017   |   Category: Minors   |   State: New York   |   #33643

My Parents have not provided me support in Iowa. What can I do as a minor?

I'm 15 years old living with my granny in Iowa. When I went to my granny's house, my parents used to send some money for my expenses every month. Now, it's been more than a year that I met my parents or received any money from them. What can I do?

03/08/2017   |   Category: Minors   |   State: Iowa   |   #33581

What is the duration to support a minor child in California?

I've provided support to my daughter born out of my first marriage for the last 18 years. I have two children from my second marriage. Can I stop supporting my daughter from first marriage as she is now 18 years old? What is the duration to support a minor child in California?

03/03/2017   |   Category: Minors   |   State: California   |   #33265

In Arkansas, can a married couple who are minors adopt a child?

03/02/2017   |   Category: Minors   |   State: Arkansas   |   #33185

Can a minor sue another person? If yes, what is the law in this regard?

Can a minor sue another person in West Virginia? If yes, what is the law in this regard in West Virginia?

03/01/2017   |   Category: Minors   |   State: West Virginia   |   #33104

Under Wyoming law, can a parent use their child’s income to pay for the expenses of the child’s education?

My 16 year old son doesn't spend a penny from his pocket even though he gets enough money from his rented houses. Now that my son wants to go another state for college and I do not earn enough to pay for his education, can I use his income to pay for his education expenses?

02/28/2017   |   Category: Minors   |   State: Wyoming   |   #33037

Does a minor have a right to consent for all the medical care during pregnancy?

I am 17 years old. I had sex with my boyfriend and got pregnant. Later, due to some differences, my boyfriend and I broke up. As I am a minor, do I have the right to consent for all the medical care that I would need during this period?

02/28/2017   |   Category: Minors   |   State: Florida   |   #33036

Can a 13 year old marry in N.Y.?

I am 13 years old living with my parents in New York. Next month my boyfriend is moving to another city for school. Before my boyfriend leaves N.Y., we wanna get married. If we marry, will the marriage be valid?

02/28/2017   |   Category: Minors   |   State: New York   |   #33035

What is the punishment for cruelty to children in Georgia?

Almost every day my dad comes home drunk and physically abuses me. I am 12 years old and still dependent on him so I can’t even think of moving out. If I complain against him, what will be his punishment?

02/27/2017   |   Category: Minors   |   State: Georgia   |   #32956