Minors Legal Questions and Answers

What information needs to be provided in the relative caregiver affidavit?

I have been taking care of my friend’s child for over two months now. I need provide my relative caregiver affidavit to the child’s school. What is the information that I may be asked by the school when I give them the relative caregiver affidavit?

02/17/2017   |   Category: Minors   |   State: Oregon   |   #32339

Can a 17 year old enter into a lease agreement?

I am 17 years old, resident of Oregon. I left my parents’ house in Jan and have been staying in my friend’s house ever since. I need to find my own place now. Can a 17 year old enter into a lease agreement?

02/17/2017   |   Category: Minors   |   State: Oregon   |   #32337

Does a 16 year old need parent’s permission for donating blood?

I am 16-year-old, living in a hostel in Oregon. I wish to donate blood. I called up my dad to get permission, but he got angry and hung up on me. Do I need to take parent’s permission for donating blood?

02/17/2017   |   Category: Minors   |   State: Oregon   |   #32335

Can a minor get information on birth control from a certified physician in Oregon?

I wanna know more about the birth control stuff. I was thinking to go to a certified physician or a doctor for this. I am minor. Can a minor get such information from a doctor?

02/17/2017   |   Category: Minors   |   State: Oregon   |   #32328

Is there a way that a 15 year old can get married in Connecticut?

I wanna get married to my boyfriend but I am 15 years old. Is there a way that a 15 year old can get married in Connecticut?

02/16/2017   |   Category: Minors   |   State: Connecticut   |   #32273

If my dad fraudulently handles my property, will he be held liable?

I am a minor. My dad manages my property. He has been into gambling a lot these days. I fear he might sell stuff for money. My dad says that he is not answerable to me. Is my dad correct? We live in Louisiana.

02/15/2017   |   Category: Minors   |   State: Louisiana   |   #32195

Who may place minors for adoption?

My wife died in a car accident. I have a 5 months baby girl. A cousin of mine is interested in adopting my baby girl. Can I give the child in adoption? State is Vermont.

02/14/2017   |   Category: Minors   |   State: Vermont   |   #32124

Does a 16 year old require parents’ consent for donating blood?

I am 16 years old and study in a high school in Iowa. On weekends, I visit an NGO that provides financial aid to people who cannot afford medical care. On my last visit, one of the members of the NGO told me that they are looking for people who can donate blood to their blood bank. I would like to donate blood. Do I need to take my parents’ consent?

02/06/2017   |   Category: Minors   |   State: Iowa   |   #31614

Can a 17 year old donate blood without the permission of the parents?

I am a minor (17 year old) and live with my parents in Iowa. My friend’s dad has organized a camp for voluntary donation of blood. I wish to go there and donate blood. Can I do so without informing my parents, as I know they will never agree to this?

02/06/2017   |   Category: Minors   |   State: Iowa   |   #31613

Can parents require their minor child to finance his/her educational expenses from the property owned by the minor child?

I am 17 years old and live with my parents. I have a house in my name in Wyoming. My grandparents gave this house to me. At present, I have given this house on rent to a family and I receive a good amount as rent every month. My parents are asking me to pay for my higher education from the income generated from my rental property. Do my parents have a right to make me pay for m...

01/18/2017   |   Category: Minors   |   State: Wyoming   |   #30495