Paternity » Termination of Parental Rights Legal Questions & Answers

Category: Paternity » Termination of Parental Rights
What is the process to sign over my parental rights?

I'm interested in signing over my parental rights. What exactly do I need to do? I have been supporting my children (their mother has custody) since they were born. I'm required to have separate medical coverage when it's not even used. I can't enroll in school due to back suppor...

01/03/2007 | Category » Termination of Parental Rights  State » IA  #94
How do I locate forms for termination of parental rights and what forms do I need?

How do I locate forms for termination of parental rights and what forms do I need?

03/28/2007 | Category » Termination of Parental Rights  State » FL  #2252
What is the law regarding terminating parental rights in Georgia?

Please explain the law in regards to Termanation of parental rights

03/30/2007 | Category » Termination of Parental Rights  State » GA  #2389
Where can I find the forms to file for termination of Parental rights for the father of my son?

Where can I find the forms to file for termination of Parental rights for the father of my son and do I need his permission? He is in jail for aggravated battery and endangered the life of our son. I do not have the money for an attorney but I can afford to file the action mysel...

04/01/2007 | Category » Termination of Parental Rights  State » ID  #2450
What forms are needed for my child's father to terminate his parental rights?

My daughter's father wants to terminate his rights as her father. Whar forms are needed?

04/02/2007 | Category » Termination of Parental Rights  State » CA  #2510

Please see the information at the following links:

Where do I find out about abuse of dicretion, from a Trial courts jugement, or procedures. For use in Appeal of a trial courts decision on a termination of parental rights in the state of Colorado.

04/07/2007 | Category » Termination of Parental Rights  State » CO  #2753
Can I terminate my parental rights even if the mother does not want me to?

I want to sign over my parental rights but I am not sure how to do it and I am also not sure if the mother will allow me or will want me to. We orignally had a agreement that if she were to get pregnant that we were not going to have it, she also told me that she couldn't get pre...

04/09/2007 | Category » Termination of Parental Rights  State » FL  #2829
Where can I find a list of the reasons a parent's rights would be terminated?

Where can I get a copy of all the criteria that states the reasons why parents can have their rights terminated, that the judges can use as a basis for termination?

04/10/2007 | Category » Termination of Parental Rights  State » OH  #2903
How do I terminate my parental rights?

There is a child that is supposely mine but the mother wasn't sure so she didn't put me on the birth certif. Now that we not together and she taking me for child support but I was going to get a DNA but I rather just sign off my rights and because she said her boyfriend now is hi...

04/11/2007 | Category » Termination of Parental Rights  State » PA  #2968
How do I terminate my son's father's parental rights?

The father of my 8 year old son finally started coming around about a year and a half ago. He has been in and out of jail for the past eight years for drinking and battery charges. All of the sudden he wants to see his son all the time. He has never been around before, and owes a...

04/16/2007 | Category » Termination of Parental Rights  State » IN  #3127
If I give up my parental rights do I still have to pay child support?

If I give up my parental rights do I still have to pay child support?

04/27/2007 | Category » Termination of Parental Rights  State » PA  #3350
How do I terminate my daughter's father's parental rights for abandonment?

I moved to New Mexico when my daughter was 7 months. The last time her father attempted to see her she was 3 months; she is now 3 years. I want to prove child abandonement and have the paperwork showing I have full custody. How do I do this?

05/05/2007 | Category » Termination of Parental Rights  State » NM  #3854
Am I allowed to terminate my parental rights to a child born outside my marriage?

I am the biological father of a child that lives with her mother in Indiana. We were never married- in fact I am and was married when this child was concieved. The mother and I agree that it would be in the childs best interest for me to give up parental rights. Is that allowed i...

09/17/2007 | Category » Termination of Parental Rights  State » CO  #8834
Do I still have to pay child support if I terminate my parental rights?

After your petition for signing over your parental rights is granted, do you still have to pay child support?

09/19/2007 | Category » Termination of Parental Rights  State » NC  #8893
What is the process for my child's father to sign over his parental rights?

What if the father wants to voluntarily sign his rights away from the child, but he signed the birth certificate. He wants nothing more to do with the child. What forms would I need for him to sign. Do I have to have a lawyer to do it or can I do it myself and how would we make i...

10/31/2007 | Category » Termination of Parental Rights  State » MS  #11364
How would I terminate my parental rights to children born outside my marriage?

Can I give up my parental rights to my two children without the mother's consent? If so, what are the proper steps that I should take? These children are not by wife and they both have different mothers. I am aware that I have child support owed on the 7-year old and the mothe...

11/04/2007 | Category » Termination of Parental Rights  State » AL  #11571
If I terminate my parental rights will I still have to pay child support?

Can a parent give up rights to the child if they discover he is the father and will he still have to pay child support?

11/05/2007 | Category » Termination of Parental Rights  State » TX  #11660
If I terminate my parental rights, what am I actually terminating?

I am the father to 3 children and I have gone to court twice since divorcing thier mother. I have had to fight to see my children and now they are being placed in the middle of a constant visitation battle. They (the children) are now forced to contact me by their mother, when th...

11/05/2007 | Category » Termination of Parental Rights  State » ID  #11674
Is there any way to reverse an original termination of parental rights?

My husband has two children by his ex-wife. They are now 14 & 16. Over 10 years ago during a bitter divorce a custody battle in the state of CT was begun by him but dropped because the lawyer told him he had no chance of getting custody or visitation. This was because at the...

11/07/2007 | Category » Termination of Parental Rights  State » MA  #11818
My kids father wants to terminate his parental rights but they are half Indian and tribally enrolled

What if a father wants to voluntary give up his parental rights to his children so he doesn't have to pay child support? The children are half American Indian and tribally enrolled as well, what kind of law takes precedence in this case?

11/10/2007 | Category » Termination of Parental Rights  State » OK  #12013
Will I still have rights to my grandson if my son's parental rights are terminated?

My minor grand-son's mother has petitioned my son to have his parental rights terminated so her husband can adopt him. My son has had very little contact with his son from the age of two, partly because the son's mother has made it as difficult as possible and because my son has...

04/28/2009 | Category » Termination of Parental Rights  State » ID  #16266
If my parental rights are terminated will have still pay child support?

In the State of Kentucky , when a parent will volunteer to terminate his parental rights, will that parent still have to pay child support?

04/29/2009 | Category » Termination of Parental Rights  State » ALL  #16416
Is there a form that can be signed to terminate parental rights and how would it be made legal?

I am looking for a form to give sole custody of a minor child to the birth mother that the birth father has to sign. Giving up any child support past or present. He has married with 3 kids. Has not seen the child but maybe twice. So in future if I marry my husband would be...

05/07/2009 | Category » Termination of Parental Rights  State » TN  #16603
Would my ex husband still have rights to my daughter if he gave me sole custody in the divorce?

My ex is a two-time convicted pedophile who will be released from prison in August. What are his rights to a daughter he has never helped raise or paid child support for, and gave up his parental rights to in our divorce? We live in New Mexico, he in California.

05/26/2009 | Category » Termination of Parental Rights  State » NM  #16788
What form is needed to Relinquishment of Parental Rights in Oklahoma?

I have custody of our children, and my ex-husband would like to completely relinquish all his rights to them. I need the proper forms to satisfy the court. There is no disagreement about what is best for the children, we just need the forms.

06/02/2009 | Category » Termination of Parental Rights  State » OK  #16841
How would I terminate parental rights of a handicapped person I have raised?

I have had custody of a severely retarded girl for 14 of her 21 years. She has had multiple health issues, including seizures which are still not under control. Her mother (my sister in law) is making efforts to try to get her back. We don't think it is the best for the girl f...

06/07/2009 | Category » Termination of Parental Rights  State » TN  #16890
How Do I Get Custody from Abusive Parent?

If you have restraining order (includes children also)against the father and father owes $15,000 back child support, no home ever, and childeren were molested by his step son while in his care and he's never really been in their lives could I file to revoke all parental rights so...

07/30/2009 | Category » Termination of Parental Rights  State » WV  #17873
How Can I Give Up My Chlld and Avoid Past and Present Child Support Payments?

What forms are needed to end child support payments and forgive arrears?

08/08/2011 | Category » Termination of Parental Rights  State » MO  #25292