How do I relinquish the Power of Attorney for my parents and appoint my sister?

03/16/2007 - Power of Attorney - State: MI #1634

Full Question:

I have the durable power of attorney for my parent and have been for the past 17 years. I would like to relinquish this honor to my sister and would like some information as to what the process is for doing so.


You may resign as your parent’s attorney-in-fact by giving your parent written notice of your resignation. If the power of attorney is recorded (e.g., land records), then the resignation should also be recorded in the same records.

Please see the information at the following links: Please see the forms at the following links:

03/16/2007 - Category: Power of Attorney - State: MI #1634

See more Questions in the Power of Attorney Category