Power of Attorney Legal Questions and Answers

Can I be refunded personal money that I spent to pay bills while acting as power of attorney?

04/24/2017   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: ALL   |   #36236

My Grandmother is in a facility in Virginia and the Agent under her POA has moved to Texas.

We live in Alabama, my Grandmother / the ward, is in a facility in Virginia. My uncle has/had legal custody/power of attorney. He has moved to Texas and has left her in Virginia? ? I would like to get her transferred to a facility in Alabama, where she lived, and will be buried at, how can I get the athourity to get her transfered legally?

04/24/2017   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: Virginia   |   #36235

What type power of attorney do I need for someone to have access to my checking account?

What type power of attorney do I need in order for someone else have access to my checking account and pay my federal income tax?

04/20/2017   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: Texas   |   #35980

Can a person give power of attorney without going to court or signing papers in front of a notary?

04/09/2017   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: Arkansas   |   #35405

My mother had a durable legal power of attorney made by a lawyer in VA, with me (her daughter) as agent.

My mother had a durable legal power of attorney made by a lawyer in VA, with me (her daughter) as agent. Seven years later, her lawyer told me he would not give me a copy of the original . What can I do about this? My mother is 95 years old and some of the things I do for her require the original document.

03/10/2017   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: Virginia   |   #33731

Is a Power of Attorney executed in one State valid in another?

I had a power of attorney paper for my brother for his medical in ohio he moved to a different state do the paper work still stand in a different state

03/08/2017   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: Ohio   |   #33619

Can I add a provision in a power of attorney to delegate the power to my son on my wife’s disability?

I wanna execute a power of attorney in favor of my wife. Can I add a provision to delegate that power to my son if she is disabled?

02/15/2017   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: New Jersey   |   #32204

What is the legal effect if I add a provision in my power of attorney that my three children must act jointly?

I wanna name my three children in a power of attorney of my estates in New Jersey. Can I execute a multiple power of attorney that gives them all equal power? What will be the legal effect if I add a provision that they have to act jointly?

02/15/2017   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: New Jersey   |   #32202

Can an attorney-in-fact delegate a work conferred on him by a power of attorney to another?

My wife, who lives in New Jersey, executed a power of attorney so that one of her managers can manage her business accounts. This includes maintaining her finances and filing tax return. The manager delegated all those activities to an account management firm because he felt the tasks require special skills. Can he legally do that?

02/15/2017   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: New Jersey   |   #32200

Is a banking transaction made by a bank under the authority of power of attorney is binding on the principal?

I am a resident of New Jersey. I wanna know whether a banking transaction made by my bank under the authority of my power of attorney is binding on me?

02/14/2017   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: New Jersey   |   #32132