Power of Attorney Legal Questions and Answers

How should I sign my name or my son's name if I have POA over him?

Re: POA Should I sign my name or my son's name if I have POA over him?

11/05/2016   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: Florida   |   #26221

How Can an LLD Owner Allow a Property Manager to Handle Evictions and Cour Matters?

We own real estate in an LLC and have a property manager who is a sole proprieter not in the LLC. What do we need to do, if anything, for the property manager to be able to sign legal forms (forcible detainer / small claims) on behalf of the LLC owners.

02/03/2014   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: South Dakota   |   #25738

Can a Mentally Incompetent Person Change a Power of Attorney?

can a person deemed medically incompitent change his power of attorney

08/21/2011   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: Idaho   |   #25380

How Do I Resign as Agent Under a Power of Attorney?

I have been appointed statutory durable power of attorney by my mother. I have been acting as her agent for nearly a year now. She is under hospice care and requires 24 hour nurse care which is being paid for by her income and savings. The savings will run out soon forcing me to sell her home to pay for the care. As a result I am now between a rock and a hard place because ...

08/03/2011   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: Texas   |   #25272

How can we tell if a general power of attorney has durable provisions in Texas?

My mother has a general power of attorney in Texas that states ' This general power of attorney shall not terminate on disability of the principal.' Is this general power of attorney thus operating as would a durable power of attorney?

07/25/2011   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: Texas   |   #25233

What State's Form Should be Used for a Power of Attorney?

My mother lives in New Mexico and own real estate in Texas. She is 84 years old and wants me to take over selling her house in Texas and I live in Dallas, TX. Will a durable Power of Attorney be the form I need? She wants me to have business and medical Power of Attorney to conduct her affairs. Since she is a resident of New Mexico will a form from the state of New Mexico hand...

06/15/2011   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: New Mexico   |   #25030

Can a Principal Create More Than One Power of Attorney?

My mom granted me durable POA this week, was notarized and filed at Craighead County courthouse. Can my brother obtain a separate POA by coaxing my mom into signing? If so, which document becomes valid if we disagree on future action on her behalf?

05/22/2011   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: Arkansas   |   #24886

Who Signs a Power of Attorney?

Does a durable POA notarized require witnessness? If I have to use POA in future for my husband, do I sign my name or his name

05/21/2011   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: Mississippi   |   #24881

What remedies are available if an agent with power of attorney abused power?

My sister has been my mother's power of attorney for 2 1/2 years. Her and her husband have not worked in 5 years but have been going on trips, they now are able to put their daughter in college, they are no longer in foreclosure on their home and are all of a sudden living the good life. I do not know if the power of attorney had a gift provision in it or not. I am asking th...

05/05/2011   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: Connecticut   |   #24786

Can I Take My Mother Out of a Nursing Home Against Her Agent's Wishes?

My aunt is in the nursing home, and someone else has power of attorne over her. She helped raise me when I was a teenager, my cousin got power of attorney over her without me. My aunt want to go home with me, and I want her to, what options do I have. Can I over go that power of attorney, and do mine.

04/26/2011   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: Virginia   |   #24722