Power of Attorney Legal Questions and Answers

How can my Sister make a Power of Attorney if she cannot sign her name?

My sister has suffered a stroke. She can not speak or write. she had no power of attorney in place. We are trying to establish one. How do I go about doing that?

05/31/2017   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: Florida   |   #38289

I am single with no kids or siblings or close relatives. Who can I appoint Power of Attorney?

I am single with no kids or siblings or close relatives. Ten years ago I moved across the country to live with my parents and help them cope with dementia. That has been a full-time job. Dad died 4 years ago and Mom is in hospice care at home; I remain primary caregiver. I am trying to get my legal house in order (trust, DPOA, HCPOA, etc.) but over the last ten years I've lost ...

05/27/2017   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: Florida   |   #37953

Can I be refunded personal money that I spent to pay bills while acting as power of attorney?

04/24/2017   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: ALL   |   #36236

My Grandmother is in a facility in Virginia and the Agent under her POA has moved to Texas.

We live in Alabama, my Grandmother / the ward, is in a facility in Virginia. My uncle has/had legal custody/power of attorney. He has moved to Texas and has left her in Virginia? ? I would like to get her transferred to a facility in Alabama, where she lived, and will be buried at, how can I get the athourity to get her transfered legally?

04/24/2017   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: Virginia   |   #36235

What type power of attorney do I need for someone to have access to my checking account?

What type power of attorney do I need in order for someone else have access to my checking account and pay my federal income tax?

04/20/2017   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: Texas   |   #35980

Can a person give power of attorney without going to court or signing papers in front of a notary?

04/09/2017   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: Arkansas   |   #35405

My mother had a durable legal power of attorney made by a lawyer in VA, with me (her daughter) as agent.

My mother had a durable legal power of attorney made by a lawyer in VA, with me (her daughter) as agent. Seven years later, her lawyer told me he would not give me a copy of the original . What can I do about this? My mother is 95 years old and some of the things I do for her require the original document.

03/10/2017   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: Virginia   |   #33731

Is a Power of Attorney executed in one State valid in another?

I had a power of attorney paper for my brother for his medical in ohio he moved to a different state do the paper work still stand in a different state

03/08/2017   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: Ohio   |   #33619

Can I add a provision in a power of attorney to delegate the power to my son on my wife’s disability?

I wanna execute a power of attorney in favor of my wife. Can I add a provision to delegate that power to my son if she is disabled?

02/15/2017   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: New Jersey   |   #32204

What is the legal effect if I add a provision in my power of attorney that my three children must act jointly?

I wanna name my three children in a power of attorney of my estates in New Jersey. Can I execute a multiple power of attorney that gives them all equal power? What will be the legal effect if I add a provision that they have to act jointly?

02/15/2017   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: New Jersey   |   #32202