Power of Attorney Legal Questions and Answers

My mother had a durable legal power of attorney made by a lawyer in VA, with me (her daughter) as agent.

My mother had a durable legal power of attorney made by a lawyer in VA, with me (her daughter) as agent. Seven years later, her lawyer told me he would not give me a copy of the original . What can I do about this? My mother is 95 years old and some of the things I do for her require the original document.

03/10/2017   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: Virginia   |   #33731

Is a Power of Attorney executed in one State valid in another?

I had a power of attorney paper for my brother for his medical in ohio he moved to a different state do the paper work still stand in a different state

03/08/2017   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: Ohio   |   #33619

Can I add a provision in a power of attorney to delegate the power to my son on my wife’s disability?

I wanna execute a power of attorney in favor of my wife. Can I add a provision to delegate that power to my son if she is disabled?

02/15/2017   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: New Jersey   |   #32204

What is the legal effect if I add a provision in my power of attorney that my three children must act jointly?

I wanna name my three children in a power of attorney of my estates in New Jersey. Can I execute a multiple power of attorney that gives them all equal power? What will be the legal effect if I add a provision that they have to act jointly?

02/15/2017   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: New Jersey   |   #32202

Can an attorney-in-fact delegate a work conferred on him by a power of attorney to another?

My wife, who lives in New Jersey, executed a power of attorney so that one of her managers can manage her business accounts. This includes maintaining her finances and filing tax return. The manager delegated all those activities to an account management firm because he felt the tasks require special skills. Can he legally do that?

02/15/2017   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: New Jersey   |   #32200

Is a banking transaction made by a bank under the authority of power of attorney is binding on the principal?

I am a resident of New Jersey. I wanna know whether a banking transaction made by my bank under the authority of my power of attorney is binding on me?

02/14/2017   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: New Jersey   |   #32132

How to determine a compensation of the attorney-in-fact in the absence of principal’s direction?

I am an attorney-in-fact in the power of attorney of my uncle’s business. I wanna know whether my uncle can fix compensation to me. What will happen if there is no direction from my uncle for my compensation?

02/14/2017   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: New Jersey   |   #32131

Will a subsequent execution of another power of attorney revoke an earlier power of attorney?

I executed a power of attorney of my estate in New Jersey to my niece. There was no mention that it will be revoked by a subsequent power of attorney. Thereafter I changed my mind and executed another power of attorney of the same estate to my nephew. Will the subsequent execution of power of attorney to my nephew revoke the earlier power of attorney executed to my niece?

02/14/2017   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: New Jersey   |   #32129

Can an attorney-in-fact gift the principal's property by using the power of attorney?

My grandfather has executed a power of attorney of property in New Jersey to one of his managers. I came to know that the manager is secretly trying to gift my grandfather’s property to his wife. Can he legally do that by using the power of attorney?

02/14/2017   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: New Jersey   |   #32128

Is a contract entered by an agent without knowledge of principal death binds the principal's successors in interest?

I am the successor of my uncle’s property in New Jersey. His agent, who has the power of attorney, entered into a contract to buy a property on his behalf. The agent does not know that fact that my uncle has died during a long treatment at a hospital. Is that contract binding on me?

02/14/2017   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: New Jersey   |   #32126