Wills and Estates » Disclaimer of Property Interest Legal Questions & Answers

How does someone renounce thieir portion of inherited life insurance?

My husband passed away, and his adult children are the beneficiaries of his life insurance policy. If one of the adult children wishes to renounce their part and have their portion split between the other adult children, how would they do that in Virginia?

02/01/2007 | Category » Disclaimer of Property Interest  State » VA  #905
I need a form to send to my grandfather's heirs stating they make no claim on my home

I need a form to send to all my grandfather’s heirs. Having them state they will make no claim on the house I live in and purchased from my grandfather prior to his death 4 years ago, but due to the loss of the paperwork it was never filed with the county/state.

04/27/2009 | Category » Disclaimer of Property Interest  State » ALL  #16184
Is there a disclaimer I can sign stating I do not want to inherit any of my mom's estate?

My mother died 5 years ago without a will; therefore, her home (paid for)is equally owned by myself and 9 siblings. I was appointed Independent Administrator of the estate (the house) by the court. I now wish to give up all claims to the home and property it sits on. What do I ha...

06/07/2009 | Category » Disclaimer of Property Interest  State » TX  #16886
How Can a Pelative Give Up Their Portion of an Inherited Estate to Another Relative?

My uncle passed away and left his home to be sold and proceeds split 4 ways (My mother, father, myself and an uncle). I want my uncle to sign over his share. Do we use a Special Warranty Deed? How do I proceed. My parents want no $$.

06/21/2011 | Category » Disclaimer of Property Interest  State » TX  #25074