Wills and Estates Legal Questions and Answers

Can the Same Person Be Named Executor, Trustee and Beneficiary In a Will?

01/16/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: ALL   |   #30364

What is the difference between a Will and a Living Will?

01/15/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: ALL   |   #30210

I consigned a note on my wife's car. After I filed bankruptcy she died. If the car mine?

I filed chapter 7 bankruptcy and was discharged. My wife passed away not long after and I had consigned with her on a car.Is the car mine to keep?

01/06/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Mississippi   |   #29643

If I make a Will how do I get it signed, where do I keep it and when do I need to change my Will?

I need to make a Will. But what do I get it signed, where do I keep it and when do I need to change my Will?

12/28/2016   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: ALL   |   #28966

Why must I wait a year to get my share of the estate of my Mother?

My mother died in October 2016. She left me 10% of her estate. Her home sold but escrow doesn't close until January 6. I was told I would not receive my 10% until 2018. Why?

12/24/2016   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: California   |   #28744

How will the property be divided in the absence of a will?

My husband and I were married for the past 7 years. My husband ran a successful auto-resale business for over 20 years. We had a son from his first marriage who helped him out with the business. Two years ago, our son died in a car accident. His wife and his two kids moved in with us after his death. My husband passed away a week ago due to liver failure. He did not have a will...

11/23/2016   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: California   |   #27105

If a Will was started but not completed, can it be found to be a

If a man and woman are engaged over a decade and the woman makes a will leaving only 10% of her estate to her one living blood relative and the rest to her fiancé but passes before the will is finalized - who controls the estate and can the man seek any monetary gains from the estate??

11/17/2016   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: New Jersey   |   #26864

My mother in law did not leave a will and she owned her home. She has 4 children and they all want one Brother to have the home.

My mother in law did not leave a will and she owned her home. She has 4 children and they all want to sign the house over to one of the brothers. They had an affidavit of heirship filed but when it went to the appraisal district, the chief appraiser said that because there was no will, they can not sign the house over to the brother because the moms name is on the deed and the...

11/10/2016   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Texas   |   #26538

If I'm still married but separated and spouse left me out of his will. Will i get anything if i go to Court?

If I'm still married but separated and my spouse left me out of his will. Will i get anything if i go to court

11/07/2016   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Georgia   |   #26323

Grandfather passes and leaves trust for two Children. One dies......

I have a complicated question. My grandfather passed away in California and left a trust for his 2 daughter which includes a property, some stocks, and some other assets. 1 of his daughters (my mother) died under a year after her father with no will in Massachusetts. She had a husband and 2 children, 1 of whom was over the age 21. She has a pension, life insurance, retiremen...

11/05/2016   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Massachusetts   |   #26248