Wills and Estates Legal Questions and Answers

What are Primary Residence or Homestead rights of separate property in Texas?

Primary residence rights of separate property

05/14/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Texas   |   #37140

My father's Will specified that my stepmother would inherit and upon her death it would go to his children.

My father recently died. His will specified that my stepmother would inherit and upon her death it would be divided equally among the two stepchildren and my brother and me. Now my stepmother is stating her will states anything left would go to her children only. Can she do that?

04/25/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: South Dakota   |   #36324

My mother passed away leaving a will and her sister as Executor but the Sister left us. What do we do?

My mother passed away leaving a will and her sister as Executor. My aunt left us and I dont know what shes doing. What do I do now?

04/25/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: New York   |   #36323

Does the wife of my deceased brother have any rights is they were separated for 14 years?

I have a power of attorney that my brother signed in 2011 when he went to jail in South Carloina He was released and kept me with the POA. He moved to Florida and has been there for the last 7 years. He past away on March 28th. I found out he was still married but they been apart for 14 years and living in different states. Do she still have more rights then my POA even tho the...

04/24/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: ALL   |   #36240

My husband was an heir to parents estate. He later died. Can I and our Child inherit his share?

My husband was equally heir to parents estate. The parents died 7 years ago. My husband died 4 years ago. The property is now for sale. Will I (his widow) or our children get his share of the estate sale.

04/22/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Idaho   |   #36111

Hi I live in Philippines and my Husband died. His son in US says Will was made before we married.

Hi I live in Philippines. We were married year 2010 in Las Vegas and relocated in Philippines 2014. My husband passed away May 2016. He had a son in his first marriage & told me he had the last will of his dad in California but that was written before marriage. Can I still claim his bank accounts as a legal spouse even my name is not in the will?

04/20/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: California   |   #35964

What do I need to prove my grandmother left her land and mineral rights to me?

2 questions (1)What documentation do I need to prove my grandmother left her land and mineral rights to me when she died, (2)and what do I need to do to get in my name? I have offer from companies to buy

04/19/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Oklahoma   |   #35951

Who pays estate taxes if I don't specify that in my Will?

If I make a will in Pennsylvania and do not specify that the estate pays for all the inheritance taxes of of the beneficiaries both lineal and collateral is each person responsible for their own tax? or does the estate pay all taxes if it wasn't in the will? What about in the case of special bequeaths?

04/19/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #35944

Should an Adult Child be POA or in charge of estate of a Parent?

My father was in a wreck 5 years ago. He is very unstable to make decisions. When his dad passed he got everything left to him. My aunt who is my dad's half brother's wife is over his estate. I am his first born and need to be over that not her.

04/19/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Georgia   |   #35928

What is the elective share of the surviving spouse in Oklahoma?

My husband’s will give away all our joint property to his son. His son lives with me but it’s unfair of my husband to give away the property acquired by both of us to his son. Can I claim my share in the property that was bought by both my husband and me?

04/07/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Oklahoma   |   #35324