Wills and Estates Legal Questions and Answers

What is the punishment for child non-support in Connecticut?

My boyfriend wishes to revoke his will that he made a year ago. How can a person revoke a will in Connecticut?

03/09/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Connecticut   |   #33645

I forgot to include my middle name as the Testator on my Will. What do I do?

My will was prepared and is ready to be executed. I forgot to include my middle name as the Testator. Does it have to be rewritten or can I just insert it myself?

03/09/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Texas   |   #33638

Do I need to have a lawyer in order to change my will, which is presently included in my living trust?

Do I need to have a lawyer in order to change my will, which is presently included in my living trust documents? If not, what must I do?

03/08/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Illinois   |   #33593

If a will is invalid, will the interest in the will pass on to the beneficiaries named in the will?

02/24/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: District Of Columbia   |   #32821

What should a person having the custody of a will do after the death of the testator?

My granny made a will before death and handed it over to me. Now that she’s no more, what am I supposed to do with it? Whom should I go and give this to?

02/24/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: District Of Columbia   |   #32820

What if someone tries to destroy, mutilate, or hide someone’s will?

What if someone tries to destroy someone’s will? Can they get in trouble for that?

02/24/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: District Of Columbia   |   #32814

What happens if a person withholds a will in the District of Columbia?

My dad died and my step-mom won't give anyone the will she claims he made. What happens if a person withholds a will in the District of Columbia?

02/24/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: District Of Columbia   |   #32811

Can an 18 year old make a will in District of Columbia?

My 18-year-old son wants to make a will. I guess it’s too early for him to make one. Can an 18 year old make a will in District of Columbia?

02/24/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: District Of Columbia   |   #32810

What happens if a duplicate will is created on the presumption that the first will is lost?

My dad made a duplicate will when he couldn’t find his first will. Later, we found his first will in his closet. What should he do with the two identical wills? He wants to keep the first will. Please advise.

02/22/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: California   |   #32669

If my second will is destroyed, will it revive my first will?

I made a will in 2010. Later, in 2015, I made another will, revoking the one made in 2010. What I would like to know is, if my second will is destroyed, will it revive my 2010 will? I live in Ohio.

02/15/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Ohio   |   #32203