Wills and Estates Legal Questions and Answers

If a Will was started but not completed, can it be found to be a

If a man and woman are engaged over a decade and the woman makes a will leaving only 10% of her estate to her one living blood relative and the rest to her fiancé but passes before the will is finalized - who controls the estate and can the man seek any monetary gains from the estate??

11/17/2016   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: New Jersey   |   #26864

My mother in law did not leave a will and she owned her home. She has 4 children and they all want one Brother to have the home.

My mother in law did not leave a will and she owned her home. She has 4 children and they all want to sign the house over to one of the brothers. They had an affidavit of heirship filed but when it went to the appraisal district, the chief appraiser said that because there was no will, they can not sign the house over to the brother because the moms name is on the deed and the...

11/10/2016   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Texas   |   #26538

If I'm still married but separated and spouse left me out of his will. Will i get anything if i go to Court?

If I'm still married but separated and my spouse left me out of his will. Will i get anything if i go to court

11/07/2016   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Georgia   |   #26323

Grandfather passes and leaves trust for two Children. One dies......

I have a complicated question. My grandfather passed away in California and left a trust for his 2 daughter which includes a property, some stocks, and some other assets. 1 of his daughters (my mother) died under a year after her father with no will in Massachusetts. She had a husband and 2 children, 1 of whom was over the age 21. She has a pension, life insurance, retiremen...

11/05/2016   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Massachusetts   |   #26248

I have been separated from my husband and want to appoint his Daughter as POA to handle his Estate.

I have been separated from my husband for 8 years. He recently passed. I would like to assign power of attorney to his daughter to handle his affairs. They reside in Connecticut

11/05/2016   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Virginia   |   #26220

Son dies with no wife or children so do i now own his property?

Son dies - no wife or children - do I now own property he had and can I sell it without lots of legal matters. Real estate around 35000

11/05/2016   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Wisconsin   |   #26219

Does son receive anything if Father was married and died with no Will?

Father dies leaving no will. Is technically married still but has been away from wife for almost a year and lived in different state with son. Son took care of him, would son be left with anything?

10/30/2016   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Indiana   |   #25933

If 2 people are heired a home and one is administrator do both parties have to sign in order to sell the home?

10/29/2016   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Texas   |   #25859

My sister left a will that was not filed with the Court. How can I find it?

My sister left a will that was not filed with the clerk of courts and did not register it with the state now my other sister is hiding it to try and squander my late sisters Legacy how do I find out who her lawyer was and attain another copy of the will

10/29/2016   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: New Jersey   |   #25857

My husband died and his will stated that everything to me and if I was not alive to his Children. Do the Children get anything?

My husband died and his will stated that everything is to be left to me,his surviving spouse. He had two children by a different marriage and both are over 30 years of age. They are only mentioned in the will in case of both our deaths. Do they have a right to anything? And does the will have to go through the courts?

10/29/2016   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Louisiana   |   #25842