Wills and Estates Legal Questions and Answers

How can one revoke a will in New Jersey?

I live in New Jersey. My mother made a will in my favor. Later she changed her mind and she destroyed the written will by tearing it. Can she revoke her will by tearing?

03/16/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: New Jersey   |   #34052

How can a will be revoked in Georgia?

I live in Georgia and am 75 years old. I need to revoke my will, made and executed some 12 years ago. How can I got about it. Please advise.

03/13/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Georgia   |   #33848

What is the punishment for child non-support in Connecticut?

My boyfriend wishes to revoke his will that he made a year ago. How can a person revoke a will in Connecticut?

03/09/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Connecticut   |   #33645

I forgot to include my middle name as the Testator on my Will. What do I do?

My will was prepared and is ready to be executed. I forgot to include my middle name as the Testator. Does it have to be rewritten or can I just insert it myself?

03/09/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Texas   |   #33638

Do I need to have a lawyer in order to change my will, which is presently included in my living trust?

Do I need to have a lawyer in order to change my will, which is presently included in my living trust documents? If not, what must I do?

03/08/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Illinois   |   #33593

If a will is invalid, will the interest in the will pass on to the beneficiaries named in the will?

02/24/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: District Of Columbia   |   #32821

What should a person having the custody of a will do after the death of the testator?

My granny made a will before death and handed it over to me. Now that she’s no more, what am I supposed to do with it? Whom should I go and give this to?

02/24/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: District Of Columbia   |   #32820

What if someone tries to destroy, mutilate, or hide someone’s will?

What if someone tries to destroy someone’s will? Can they get in trouble for that?

02/24/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: District Of Columbia   |   #32814

What happens if a person withholds a will in the District of Columbia?

My dad died and my step-mom won't give anyone the will she claims he made. What happens if a person withholds a will in the District of Columbia?

02/24/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: District Of Columbia   |   #32811

Can an 18 year old make a will in District of Columbia?

My 18-year-old son wants to make a will. I guess it’s too early for him to make one. Can an 18 year old make a will in District of Columbia?

02/24/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: District Of Columbia   |   #32810