Wills and Estates Legal Questions and Answers

Hi I live in Philippines and my Husband died. His son in US says Will was made before we married.

Hi I live in Philippines. We were married year 2010 in Las Vegas and relocated in Philippines 2014. My husband passed away May 2016. He had a son in his first marriage & told me he had the last will of his dad in California but that was written before marriage. Can I still claim his bank accounts as a legal spouse even my name is not in the will?

04/20/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: California   |   #35964

What do I need to prove my grandmother left her land and mineral rights to me?

2 questions (1)What documentation do I need to prove my grandmother left her land and mineral rights to me when she died, (2)and what do I need to do to get in my name? I have offer from companies to buy

04/19/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Oklahoma   |   #35951

Who pays estate taxes if I don't specify that in my Will?

If I make a will in Pennsylvania and do not specify that the estate pays for all the inheritance taxes of of the beneficiaries both lineal and collateral is each person responsible for their own tax? or does the estate pay all taxes if it wasn't in the will? What about in the case of special bequeaths?

04/19/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #35944

Should an Adult Child be POA or in charge of estate of a Parent?

My father was in a wreck 5 years ago. He is very unstable to make decisions. When his dad passed he got everything left to him. My aunt who is my dad's half brother's wife is over his estate. I am his first born and need to be over that not her.

04/19/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Georgia   |   #35928

What is the elective share of the surviving spouse in Oklahoma?

My husband’s will give away all our joint property to his son. His son lives with me but it’s unfair of my husband to give away the property acquired by both of us to his son. Can I claim my share in the property that was bought by both my husband and me?

04/07/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Oklahoma   |   #35324

Can a surviving spouse claim a share in the properties of her diseased husband Washington?

My friend's husband passed away recently. After death my friend found that he made a will before their marriage. She got nothing in that will. Can she claim any of his properties?

04/06/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Washington   |   #35255

Can a surviving spouse waive an elective share in Vermont?

My aunt is under my care. Her husband made a will in her favor before his death. Can she waive her rights in the will. She is mentally disabled. So can I do it on her behalf?

04/06/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Vermont   |   #35254

Can a surviving spouse claim an elective share in Pennsylvania?

My uncle executed a will before his death in which he bequeathed all his properties to his daughter. Nothing was left in his will for my aunt. Can she claim any of his properties?

04/06/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #35251

What is spouse’s elective share in Nebraska?

My husband had left noting for me in his Will. We live in Nebraska. Can I claim a share in his property?

03/29/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Nebraska   |   #34782

How can one revoke a will in South Dakota?

My uncle made a will in my favor. Later he changed his mind and he destroyed the will by burning. Can he revoke his will by burning?

03/16/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: South Dakota   |   #34054