Wills and Estates Legal Questions and Answers

Can We Leave Corporate Property in a Will?

We have a sub chapter S corporation that owns real property. Can we put the address of the real property in article three of the last will & testament as we want to leave it to our adult children.

03/21/2011   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Kansas   |   #24451

How is a Pourover Trust Created in a Will?

On the Michigan Mutual Wills for Married Couple with Minor Children, under article seven, do we need to establish the trust or is that established by the Personal Representative? Also, what is the difference between field 37 and fields 38 - 41? Wouldn't the beneficiaries property be placed into a trust once we die rather than field 37?

03/02/2011   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Michigan   |   #24330

What Happens to Assets Like 401K's Not Named in a Will?

The Last Will and Testament doesn't clearly expalain how to distribute 401K and insurance payments, checking, savings and safe deposit box assests.

02/06/2011   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Texas   |   #24162

Can I Use Your Forms For a Large Estate?

Married with children (3) with estate over 1MM. Does simple legal forms work for me? Estate includes stocks, cash, land and two homes.

12/31/2010   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Utah   |   #23912

Can I name someone other than family to handle my estate or affairs if I cannot?

if i'm not married but do not wish my family of orgin to make decisions on my behalf (i'm over 18 yo) in the event something should happen to me or to gain anything from my passing away, how would i go about legally appointing someone else to do handle such matters on my behalf?

12/30/2010   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: New Mexico   |   #23906

Do Both Spouses' Assets Count for Medicaid Purposes if One Goes to a Nursing Home?

a irrevocable A-B Trust was set up in 1989 it has a medicaid trust clause that protected the assets of that trust if nursing home is needed. wife who was deeded 2 income properties in 1989, with affidevit stating that grantor , husband was retaining no reserved interest in property and it was filed.property not in trust but owned solely and willed to children with herand only ...

12/04/2010   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: New York   |   #23756

Does Substance Prevail Over Form in a Will or Trust?

with wills and trusts does form over substance prevail or vice versa?

11/28/2010   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Nevada   |   #23711

Do I Need to Make a New Will if a Beneficiary Dies?

Oldest sibling is not deceased,so can we make a new webb leaving any assts and all assts divided equally among our two adult daughters?

10/24/2010   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Tennessee   |   #23472

What are the Requirements for a Valid Will in Indiana?

For an Indiana Will to be accepted in Probate, how many witnesses are needed for the Testator's signature? Is a Notary Public's signature also required?

10/05/2010   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Texas   |   #23334

My father died 24 years ago. I was executor and signed for my step mother to become administrator.

My father died 24 years ago. I was executor and signed for my step mother to become administrator. She did not present a marriage license but stated that they were married 6 months earlier. They had just purchased a house & I wanted her to remain there and pay for the home. She said she would give me my half when she sold it or died. 24 years later I have found unclaimed prope...

09/30/2010   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: North Carolina   |   #23297