Wills and Estates Legal Questions and Answers

Does the legal heirs of the legatee who died shortly after the death of the testator entitled for his/her share pf property under the Will?

My grandmother passed away a week back leaving her property to me and my cousin. At that time my cousin had gone to Africa on a work assignment. Three days after my grandmother’s death, we got news that my cousin was killed in a fire accident. We received her body yesterday. Are her heirs entitled to her share of the property?

01/17/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: New York   |   #30391

Does adopted children entitled to legacy of the testator in New York?

My grand aunt passed away recently leaving a will in which she has given equal shares of her property to all her grand nieces and nephews. She had no child of her own. I have a 5 year old adopted daughter; will she also get her legacy like her siblings and cousins?

01/17/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: New York   |   #30389

Can the Same Person Be Named Executor, Trustee and Beneficiary In a Will?

01/16/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: ALL   |   #30364

My parents adopted me when i was 18. Will I be able to inherit my father’s estate who passed away without a will?

I was adopted by my parents at the age of 18, though I have been living along with my adoptive father and mother ever since the age of 10. We live in Urbana, Illinois My adoptive father recently passed away, without a will. Will I be able to inherit my father’s estate?

01/16/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Illinois   |   #30298

My father and mother were never married. Can I inherit my father’s estate who passed away intestate?

My father passed away intestate a few months back. He and my mother were never married, but I had always been considered as his daughter. Can I inherit my father’s estate? We live in Mount Carroll, Illinois.

01/16/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Illinois   |   #30296

My father never married my mother. Can I inherit from him if he died without a Will in New York?

My parents were never married, and my father had been providing us support under an agreement. He had married another woman and had children from that marriage. My father passed away a few months back, and had not left behind a Will. We live in Adams Center, New York. Can I inherit a share of my father’s estate because he was supporting us, and had always considered me as his s...

01/16/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: New York   |   #30287

What is the difference between a Will and a Living Will?

01/15/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: ALL   |   #30210

I consigned a note on my wife's car. After I filed bankruptcy she died. If the car mine?

I filed chapter 7 bankruptcy and was discharged. My wife passed away not long after and I had consigned with her on a car.Is the car mine to keep?

01/06/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Mississippi   |   #29643

Is my Will as to my Wife revoked in North Carolina after a divorce?

I live in North Carolina. I made a will few years back stating, after my death, my separate property will be owned and controlled by my wife. But I am getting divorced next month. Will the will be revoked once I am divorced?

12/30/2016   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: North Carolina   |   #29130

If I make a Will how do I get it signed, where do I keep it and when do I need to change my Will?

I need to make a Will. But what do I get it signed, where do I keep it and when do I need to change my Will?

12/28/2016   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: ALL   |   #28966