Adoption Legal Questions and Answers

How to terminate adoptive parent and child relationship?

My husband and I live in California. We adopted a child 2 years ago and we love him as our own child. But he has not able to get along with us or accept us as his parents. He does not seem to be happy living with us and he keeps saying he wants to end the relationship. Is it possible for him to terminate the relationship with us? If so, how?

11/24/2016   |   Category: Adoption   |   State: California   |   #27131

I was adopted by my grandparents (my fathers parents) does that mean my father is my brother legally?

11/22/2016   |   Category: Adoption   |   State: Florida   |   #27027

If I am adopted is a Son of my adoption parents my Brother?

My step-father adopted me. Is his son now my legal brother?

11/06/2016   |   Category: Adoption   |   State: Texas   |   #26263

How Do I Adopt the Child of My Son's Teenage Girlfriend?

My son under age 18 has a girl pregnant under the age of 18, and she doesn't want child. How would I go about adopting this baby? What do I do next?

04/08/2011   |   Category: Adoption   |   State: West Virginia   |   #24602

What Forms Do I Need to Care For a Child Until Adoption is Finalized?

I am going to bring a child from Hawaii to Washington state to take care off.this baby is my girlfriend's niece.she is the daughter of my girlfriend's younger brother.I want a know which is the right legal form to use as a temporary form to get the child from Hawaii to Washington while I am working on my adoption paper works. My girlfriend is living on Monday the 7th 2011 and...

03/04/2011   |   Category: Adoption   |   State: Washington   |   #24342

How Do I Adopt a Step-daughter in Wisconsin?

My step-daughter resides in Milwaukee, WI and would like my wife and I to adopt her two children. How do we do this?

07/24/2009   |   Category: Adoption   |   State: Mississippi   |   #17792

Can the County Control Where a Child is Placed Before Adoption?

If you are licensed by the state for foster care, can the county tell you legally that you can not foster kids for a private agency temporarily until the adoptive parents in another state can take them to their home state?

07/21/2009   |   Category: Adoption   |   State: Georgia   |   #17686

How do I adopt my niece so she can get education assistance?

How do adopt my niece? I want to adopt her so she can get education assistance under my dependent education assitance from the veterans administration.

04/29/2009   |   Category: Adoption   |   State: ALL   |   #16447

What can I do to provide health insurance rights for my adopted son in Nevada?

I have two adopted boys who were my foster children first. I adopted them in California and have now moved to Elko, Nevada and have been denied medicaid because my husband makes too much money. The boys case worker sent me a paper stating that the federal law states that the state they move to has to provide them with insurance. I would not care if they both did not have seri...

04/07/2009   |   Category: Adoption   |   State: Nevada   |   #15911

Is an Adopted Child considered a Descendant of a Biological Parent for Inheritance Purpose

If a child is legally adpoted and the biological father gave up all legal rights, is this child considered the biological fathers 'issue' at time of the death of the bio father.

03/12/2009   |   Category: Adoption   |   State: Nevada   |   #15601