Animals » Service Dogs Legal Questions and Answers

What States have laws making it a crime to fake a service dog?

I noticed you have a question and answer about service animals and I have a similar situation. We are a major restaurant chain and believe more and more people are faking service animals to bring them in our restaurants. As I understand it other major store chains and other public places are having more and more problems with fake service dogs. Do you have any State laws on th...

04/21/2017   |   Category: Animals » Service Dogs   |   State: ALL   |   #36073

I run a small convenience store. I am constantly encountering individuals claiming their dogs are service dogs. Help.

I run a small convenience store. I am constantly encountering individuals that want to bring their dogs into the store. When I tell them foods are not allowed in the store they inevitably answer with, "It's a service animal." According to my research, service dogs no longer require a leash nor the blue vests and I am prohibited from asking for proof. I am only referring here to...

04/21/2017   |   Category: Animals » Service Dogs   |   State: Nevada   |   #36067