Bankruptcy Legal Questions and Answers

Will Bankruptcy Affect My Husband And Personal Property?

I have a very small internet business. I have made no money; however, I have 3 credit cards that I can't pay anymore. My business is an LLC. If I file for bankruptcy, can they get my personal items such as a car, house, and etc.? Will it affect my husband? Everything is in my name. The credit cards are in the business name. Total debt is around $30,000.

11/24/2008   |   Category: Bankruptcy   |   State: Maryland   |   #14720

What Is A Relief From Stay And Abandonment

What is a relief from Stay and Abandonment?

01/10/2008   |   Category: Bankruptcy   |   State: Louisiana   |   #14632

I filed for bankruptcy in 2002 due to a divorce. It was discharged in 2003 included in the bankruptcy was a judgment placed o...

I filed for bankruptcy in 2002 due to a divorce. It was discharged in 2003 included in the bankruptcy was a judgment placed on me in 1999. I would like to get married but I need to know how all this will effect my new spouse who has excellent credit if at all and how it will effect if we wanted to purchase a house in the next 3 years. What kind of attorney to I need to help m...

01/08/2008   |   Category: Bankruptcy   |   State: North Carolina   |   #14571

Where can I find a form to file a resistance to the Objection for a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy?

Where can I find a form to file a resistance to the Objection for a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Nebraska?

11/08/2007   |   Category: Bankruptcy   |   State: Nebraska   |   #11919

My parents just filed bankruptcy, Chapter 7. They have an RV. They are keeping the RV but are not signing a reaffirmation a...

My parents just filed bankruptcy, Chapter 7. They have an RV. They are keeping the RV but are not signing a reaffirmation agreement, the RV company is just allowing them to keep on making the payments. The RV was discharged in the bankruptcy. IF 3 years from now they decide they cannot afford it anymore and decide to give it back to the RV company, are they liable for the b...

10/26/2007   |   Category: Bankruptcy   |   State: California   |   #11028

I am going to dismiss my Chapter 13 meeting with my creditors in two days because I found out that my dissability income is "...

I am going to dismiss my Chapter 13 meeting with my creditors in two days because I found out that my dissability income is "judgement proof. Even though I have chosen to just let the account go delinquent and I am not pursuing bancruptcy anymore is there a way to have it not show that I filed for bancruptcy. Will my credit report still show that I filled bankruptcy even th...

09/26/2007   |   Category: Bankruptcy   |   State: California   |   #9125

Is there an income limit for a person to file bankruptcy?

09/10/2007   |   Category: Bankruptcy   |   State: Georgia   |   #8587

What does it mean when a debtor / commerical tenant "rejects a lease"?

08/23/2007   |   Category: Bankruptcy   |   State: Minnesota   |   #8171

What is post-petition on a Chapter 13 bankruptcy proceeding? The statement states that from x month to x month the account i...

What is post-petition on a Chapter 13 bankruptcy proceeding? The statement states that from x month to x month the account is currently post-petition due.

08/14/2007   |   Category: Bankruptcy   |   State: Massachusetts   |   #7942

Once I have my mother's name removed from my credit cards can I then file bankruptcy?

My mother helped me consolidate debt a few years ago, giving me access to 2 credit cards with higher limits than I was able to get in order to get a better interest rate. We thought this would help, but it seems I have no choice but to file bankruptcy (I have tried credit counseling as well). I have filed the paperwork to take my mother's name off of the account, so I am the ...

08/13/2007   |   Category: Bankruptcy   |   State: Indiana   |   #7919