Bankruptcy Legal Questions and Answers

How do I claim the federal exemptions allow in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy?

I am filing a pro se Chapter 7. I want to use the federal exemptions. Which one do I check. G 11 U.S.C. _ 522(b)(2) G 11 U.S.C. _ 522(b)(3)

11/19/2009   |   Category: Bankruptcy   |   State: Texas   |   #19705

Can I be paid to build a home for a client beginning some short time after the filing and not pay the money to the trustee?

I am a home builder. I will be filing a chapter 7 in a week. Can I be paid to build a home for a client beginning some short time after the filing and not pay the money to the trustee? It will be my income.

11/04/2009   |   Category: Bankruptcy   |   State: Texas   |   #19465

When are Schedules Required to Be filed in Chapter 7 Bankruptcy?

Do I have to file my schedules at the time of my petition and if not, how long do I have to file those. A voluntary petition, Chapter 7, Personal bankruptcy?

11/04/2009   |   Category: Bankruptcy   |   State: Texas   |   #19455

What effect does filing bankruptcy have on a wage garnishment?

Will either chapter 7 or 13 suspend a wage garnishment by the IRS for what time length?

10/16/2009   |   Category: Bankruptcy   |   State: North Carolina   |   #19131

Can I Stop Eviction if My Landlord Files Bankruptcy?

Can I file a stay of execution for my eviction if my landlord has declared bankruptcy?

10/06/2009   |   Category: Bankruptcy   |   State: California   |   #18962

What Motion is Filed After Missing a Bankruptcy Deadline to Turn Over Assets?

I received my discharge in chapter 7 and now the Trustee is requesting the transfer of non-exempt assets that don't exist anymore. How do I file a motion to make this go away. All deadlines have been missed. Asking the question to help my daugther in Arizona. Do not give me a response applicable to CA.

10/06/2009   |   Category: Bankruptcy   |   State: California   |   #18961

Can foreclosed property be redeemed after bankruptcy?

what effect will bankruptcy have on exercising a right of redemption transfer?

09/10/2009   |   Category: Bankruptcy   |   State: Alabama   |   #18553

Should I Face Foreclosure or File Bankruptcy if I'm 71?

Would bankruptcy be more favorable than a foreclosure on a property at my age now 71 I am have not made payment on property for three months is foreclosure better than bankruptcy at my age 71

09/06/2009   |   Category: Bankruptcy   |   State: Colorado   |   #18462

Will I Lose My Home in Rhode Island if I File Bankruptcy?

I will be losing my job in August and am wondering if I have to file bankruptcy, will I lose my house? I owe more then the house is appraised at now than when I bought it.

06/29/2009   |   Category: Bankruptcy   |   State: Rhode Island   |   #17240

LLC as Both Debtor and Creditor in Bankruptcy

If you are in a triple net lease and the same LLC is in both the landlord and tenant entities, can the tenant entity file for bankruptcy, if it cannot pay rent?

06/19/2009   |   Category: Bankruptcy   |   State: California   |   #17085