Civil Actions » Liens Legal Questions and Answers

How Do I Get a Lien on a Relative's Property?

How do I put a lien on a relatives' house, if they agree to the debt, or can I?

01/28/2010   |   Category: Civil Actions » Liens   |   State: California   |   #20671

How Does a Material Supplier Get Payment from a Contractor?

As a corporation and a material suppler to a subcontactor, what form or forms do I need to secure payment for plant material supplieded to a commerical Building and general contractor?

07/30/2009   |   Category: Civil Actions » Liens   |   State: Texas   |   #17871

What Form is Used to Sell a Vehicle After Being Unpaid for Work Performed On It?

We are in the welding business (incorporated). We recently did some work on a trailer for another corporation and they are over 90 days past due. We recently acquired the trailer from another company and and have it at our shop. We need a form that says to pay up or we will sell the trailer for amount owed.

06/30/2009   |   Category: Civil Actions » Liens   |   State: Texas   |   #17268

How Do I Release a Lien Against Someone Wrongfully Named?

I have received a claim of lien on real property. The company claiming the lien has listed the owner of the real property as 'John' which is correct, but they also list my neighbor whom has no relationship with the person claiming the lien. the 120 day limit expires June 27th. Is this lien valid as it stands or would it have to be refiled before the deadline?

06/24/2009   |   Category: Civil Actions » Liens   |   State: North Carolina   |   #17171

Can I file a lien on a property in escrow if I was not paid by the contractor?

I did some air conditioning work on a vacant property. The contractor did not pay me and the property is now in escrow according to the real estate agent. They are saying that they are not responsible that they paid the contractor. I have tried contacting the contractor and he doesn't answer my calls. I don't have anything in writing. I was wondering if I could put a lien on ...

06/24/2009   |   Category: Civil Actions » Liens   |   State: California   |   #17166

Where Do I File a Lien Claim on mining equipment?

I am attempting to put a lien on some mining equipment. Can I use an Arizona lien form for a lien on the above if the equipment is in California and Montana? I am/was employed as consultant and now find the client is having difficulty in paying me for consultancy and expenses.

06/20/2009   |   Category: Civil Actions » Liens   |   State: Arizona   |   #17088

What forms should be used for a lien release?

I am a home builder. I failed to submit a notice of commencement to the county superior court on two homes I started in May 2007. I hired a cabinet company in Septemeber 2007 to install cabinets for these two homes. They purcahsed the cabinets from their vendor (a cabinet manufacturer in Tennessee ) and installed some of them in my two homes over the course of Sept - Nov. 200...

05/04/2009   |   Category: Civil Actions » Liens   |   State: ALL   |   #16535

Can I put a lien on a property that I designed but was not compenstated for?

I am a building designer who provided a residential design or plan to a developer about 7 months ago. They put a 'stop payment' on the check they gave me for the final payment of $1,800.00 for no good reason. They used the plans for submittal to the City. Can I as an individual put a lien on their property that they are developing for which I did the plans for? And if I can, ...

05/01/2009   |   Category: Civil Actions » Liens   |   State: ALL   |   #16511

What recourse does the HOA have to collect dues each month?

I live in a condo complex, which has 20 units, so we have 20 members. The association fee is $65 per month. We have a member that refuses to pay his monthly fee, so the assoc. filed a lien on the property through an attorney. The member had property up for sale then took it off the market. He still refuses to pay his fees. Other than a property lien, how can we collect the back...

04/29/2009   |   Category: Civil Actions » Liens   |   State: ALL   |   #16395

Can a credit card creditor put a lien on my house if they were dismissed in my bankruptcy?

Can a credit card creditor file a lien on your home after bankruptcy dismissed the creditor and you have filed for homestead before the lien was placed?

04/29/2009   |   Category: Civil Actions » Liens   |   State: ALL   |   #16391