What is the Statute of Limitations in Pennsylvania for Malicious Prosecution?
Please see the following PA statute:
42 Pa.C.S.A. § 5524. Two year limitation
The following actions and proceedings must be commenced within two
(1) An action for assault, battery, false imprisonment, false arrest,
malicious prosecution or malicious abuse of process.
(2) An action to recover damages for injuries to the person or for the
death of an individual caused by the wrongful act or neglect or unlawful
violence or negligence of another.
(3) An action for taking, detaining or injuring personal property,
including actions for specific recovery thereof.
(4) An action for waste or trespass of real property.
(5) An action upon a statute for a civil penalty or forfeiture.
(6) An action against any officer of any government unit for the
nonpayment of money or the nondelivery of property collected upon on
execution or otherwise in his possession.
(7) Any other action or proceeding to recover damages for injury to
person or property which is founded on negligent, intentional, or
otherwise tortious conduct or any other action or proceeding sounding in
trespass, including deceit or fraud, except an action or proceeding
subject to another limitation specified in this subchapter.