Civil Rights Legal Questions and Answers

What constitutes a fair legal system?

What is the purpose of a fair legal system? Ithought one of the most important purpse was to protect then weak - the people who can be easily exploited. Am I wrong?

05/20/2011   |   Category: Civil Rights   |   State: Michigan   |   #24877

Can a Judge Be Sued in a Civl Rights Lawsuit?

I'm trying to analyze and understand the words of 42 U.S.C __ 1983 or Civil action for deprivation of rights. It reads in part :- '...Suit in equity, or other proper proceeding for redress, except that in any action brought against a judicial officer for an act or omission taken in such officer's judicial capacity, injunctive relief shall not be granted unless a declaratory dec...

03/11/2011   |   Category: Civil Rights   |   State: New York   |   #24382

How can I sue court employees for civil rights violations pertaining to my daughter?

I am lookiing for a civil rights attorney to file a lawsuit against many people for violation of due process rights in the family court. Daughter was molested by dad and he has full custody- she is now 16 and wants to live with me.Never had a hearing or trial in over 7 years - police, CPS and courts failed to give me due process and to protect my daughter.

01/27/2011   |   Category: Civil Rights   |   State: California   |   #24098

Can the Police Write Down My License Number and Threaten to Write Me a Ticket?

can a policeoffice tell someone on the streets thats hes gojng to give you a ticket also he goes around harassing people .after he told thiis guy that he was going to give me a ticket the next week i was at the park he wrote down my tag number

01/12/2011   |   Category: Civil Rights   |   State: Florida   |   #23991

How do I protect my family from CPS?

What are my rights against CPS (Child Protection Services) harrassing me and my family in Texas, and we moved and it has followed me to Arkansas. I have already complied with the CPS long ago over the same exact issue and aligations. I proved that who ever called (they will not tell me) was wrong! And each time (3) the CPS worker that comes to see me as well as pull each of my ...

05/04/2009   |   Category: Civil Rights   |   State: ALL   |   #16547

Is it legal for Rec Football League to Forbid a Coach from Scouting on Public Property

Is it legal for a Recreational Youth Football League to forbid coaches from 'scouting' another football team's public game, being conducted on public property? The League is threatening the violating coach with removal from the league.

03/10/2009   |   Category: Civil Rights   |   State: ALL   |   #15510

What are the laws surrounding wheel chair access in a private parking area?

02/13/2009   |   Category: Civil Rights   |   State: Washington   |   #15243

Is it a violation of civil rights for police to identify on paperwork was school a juvenile attends?

I am writing a school paper on how there is no relevance of the police to have a check box on what school you go to because with that information they send your case to the school and the school adds their own punishment... can you explain the legality of this... it is a public institution (college) by the way?

12/11/2008   |   Category: Civil Rights   |   State: Colorado   |   #14789

Can anyone tape record your conversation without your knowledge?

My question is, can anyone tape record your conversation without your knowledge? Can they record you on the phone without your knowledge? Can they use it in court if they set you up to do so?

11/30/2007   |   Category: Civil Rights   |   State: Mississippi   |   #13090

When you get stopped for speeding do you have the right to see the police radar?

When you get stopped for speeding do you have the right to see the police radar? If so when does the officer have to show you?

11/21/2007   |   Category: Civil Rights   |   State: Utah   |   #12655