Corporations » Foreign Corporation Legal Questions and Answers

When is a Foreign Crporation Rquired to Register in the State?

I live in PA but I registered a LLC in DE last year and a LLC in PA this year, both are domestic LLC of its own formation state. My question is what types of business activities would require me to register my LLC as a foreign LLC in other states. Specifically for the following scenarios: 1. If I borrow money from the DE LLC to purchase a property in PA? 2. If my DE LLC becom...

04/25/2011   |   Category: Corporations » Foreign Corp...   |   State: Delaware   |   #24713

How Does a Corporation Change Domicile to the British Virgin Islands?

Our company is providing incorporation services in various jurisdictions. We have a client who wants to move a Delaware company to British Virgin Islands (BVI). He was told that he needs a legal opinion that Delaware laws allow for such continuation. Specifically that he needs a legal opinion from a lawyer in the originating jurisdiction which confirms that the foreign company ...

08/05/2010   |   Category: Corporations » Foreign Corp...   |   State: Delaware   |   #22830

Do I Needto File Anything in My State if I Incorporate in Another State?

I am about to start my own technology consulting firm, and I am considering incorporating in Nevada instead of Calif. Do I have to file any add'l forms to do business in Calif, as that is where the work is right now.

03/15/2010   |   Category: Corporations » Foreign Corp...   |   State: California   |   #21405