Corporations » Stock Legal Questions and Answers

Can a Corporate Officer Sell Stock if He Knows the Company Will be Dissolved?

Florida Law...can a partner of a corporation sell his shares knowing that there is a pending lawsuit to dissolve that corporation?

06/03/2010   |   Category: Corporations » Stock   |   State: Florida   |   #22305

What is the definition of day trading?

QUESTION IS ABOUT DAY TRADING- BOUGHT 50 SHARES OF XYZ 5-13- SOLD 50 SHARES OF XYZ ON 5-14- BOUGHT 50 SHARES OF XYZ ON 5-14. IS THIS A DAY TRADE? NEED EXPLICIT LEGAL DEFINITION WITH REFERENCES TO WRITTEN LEGAL DOCUMENTS.

05/14/2010   |   Category: Corporations » Stock   |   State: Indiana   |   #22113

Are Trust Certificates Securities That Need to be Registered With the SEC?

Trust certificates such as Massachusetts allows-are these certificates 'securities' that must be registered with SEC? If unsure what is cost to get a no-action letter from SEC?

02/02/2010   |   Category: Corporations » Stock   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #20748

Should I Elect to Issue 1244 Stock in My Corporation?

I purchased the incorporation services, and i need to know whether to elect 1244 stock and what consideration for issuance of common stock is referring to.

12/07/2009   |   Category: Corporations » Stock   |   State: Oregon   |   #19946