Courts » Dismissal Legal Questions and Answers

What Can I Do If I Missed a Pretrial Conference Due to Lack of Notice?

I missed a pretrial conference in which I was the Plaintiff. The judge signed an 'Order of Dismissal with Prejudice'. I had won a judgement in small claims court and the defendant appealed the case to District Court. I did not receive a notification about the pre trail conference even though the courts said that one was mailed. What does this mean. What can I do?

06/24/2011   |   Category: Courts » Dismissal   |   State: Utah   |   #25095

Can I Dismiss a Case in Federal Court and Refile it at a Later Time?

How I can effectively dismiss my Lawsuit in Federal District Court and file again in order to restart the case calendar without suffering negative effects such as Res Judicata, etc... ?If I dismiss a lawsuit in Federal Court, can I file the same lawsuit again without facing the potential consequences of res judicata? The statute states: Unless the notice or stipulation states o...

12/27/2009   |   Category: Courts » Dismissal   |   State: Washington   |   #20199

Will I have to travel to New York adn attend hearing for motion to dismiss?

I had a judgement and it was just vacated several days ago. In New York civil court. I am living in California for several years now. I used lived in New York 5 years ago. I did not receive anything from plaintiff so it was default judgment. (plaintiff sent complaints to the old New York address. I want to know if I can file motion to dismiss for lack of personal jurisdiction. ...

04/26/2009   |   Category: Courts » Dismissal   |   State: New York   |   #16137

What is it when an attorney motion to dismiss a claim, under rule 12(b)?

09/28/2007   |   Category: Courts » Dismissal   |   State: Alabama   |   #9233

How long can a case be held after the district attorney drops the charges?

How long can a case be held open after the District Attorney has dropped court proceedings against a person? ( part 2 ) Can they still keep the case pending and re-open?

05/05/2007   |   Category: Courts » Dismissal   |   State: Oregon   |   #3816

Where can I find an overview of laws on rape and sexual offenses?

04/10/2007   |   Category: Courts » Dismissal   |   State: New York   |   #2861

What Does It Mean To Dismiss A Case With Prejudice?

What does it mean to dismiss a case with prejudice?

01/31/2007   |   Category: Courts » Dismissal   |   State: Michigan   |   #990