Courts Legal Questions and Answers

Can someone be held at an airport for a Writ of Bodily Attachment?

The Miami-Dade family court has ordered a Writ of Bodily Attachment for a friend of mine because of a divorce case. He does not live in Florida; only his wife and son do. I want to know if he can fly into New York without being held at the airport for this court order.

06/03/2009   |   Category: Courts   |   State: Florida   |   #16857

Can a Judge select and appoint a pro bono guardian ad liltem?

Is it illegal and/or unethical for a probate judge to select and appoint a pro bono guardian ad liltem?

05/05/2009   |   Category: Courts   |   State: Illinois   |   #16584

Can a taped conversation be used to present evidence?

Can a taped conversation be used to present evidence in all cases? Only one side was aware of conversation. Is there a way to have this evidence dismissed from the court?

05/04/2009   |   Category: Courts   |   State: Mississippi   |   #16541

What could happen if I don not appear in court?

I am raising my 22 month old granddaughter, my daughter is immature, makes wrong choices and has an on going drug problem. My granddaughters father was a 48 year old man married to a close family friend; who had watched my daughter grow up. I was extremely upset and I attempted to press charges against him for her being a minor. Because of the situation and his wife. He never c...

04/29/2009   |   Category: Courts   |   State: ALL   |   #16406

I am seeking advice on writing a petition to Child Family Probate for a continuance of a hearing

I am looking for a form sample or advice on writing a petition to Child Family Probate, asking for a continuance of a hearing scheduled for April 9. Presently, my son is incarcerated and is being summoned by the mother of his two boys to have sole legal custody of his two boys. I am presently my sons advocate and would we would like to ask for a continuance until my son can obt...

04/28/2009   |   Category: Courts   |   State: ALL   |   #16257

What does it mean when you work in a law office and you see on legal documents pursuant to Rule 9A?

What does it mean when you work in a law office and you see on legal documents pursuant to Rule 9A. What does 9A mean?

04/27/2009   |   Category: Courts   |   State: Massachusetts   |   #16219

How do I file a complaint against a circuit judge for misconduct?

04/07/2009   |   Category: Courts   |   State: Florida   |   #15914

What does it mean to issue a Subpoena Duces Techum?

My son who will be standing trial for burglary and theft of property, in Brevard County. Although, he has fired his Court Appointed Attorney he is attempting to Subpoena Duces Techum issued reuiring my appearance at court. He wants me to bring his laptop, monitor and a VGA(?) Does this stuff have to be examined by the prosecution first? How do I get it to the prosecution?

03/20/2009   |   Category: Courts   |   State: Florida   |   #15700

How do you defend your self against a restraining order?

How do you defend your self against a restraining order? Does a restraining order go on your legal record? Is it listed in the newspaper?

03/15/2009   |   Category: Courts   |   State: Connecticut   |   #15634

What is Vacate Default

What is Vacate Default?

03/12/2009   |   Category: Courts   |   State: ALL   |   #15576