Courts Legal Questions and Answers

What does ARD stand for in the court system?

11/03/2007   |   Category: Courts   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #11538

Where do I get the form to request a continuance for a hearing?

10/31/2007   |   Category: Courts   |   State: Arizona   |   #11331

What is a motion for sanctions?

What is a motion for sanctions? Is this filed against a lawyer or a client?

10/30/2007   |   Category: Courts   |   State: Illinois   |   #11257

What type of law is non-profit law considered?

I am looking to do an internship that is law-related. The type of law that I am looking to go into is non-profit law. I was wondering what type of law that would fall under. My choices are corporate, criminal, public interest, and civil law. Does NPO law fall under any of these?

10/29/2007   |   Category: Courts   |   State: Indiana   |   #11188

What can I do if I received a subpoena but am suppose to be in the hospital that day?

A subpeana was given to my son outside of my home for me, and I was wondering do I have to appear in court? I am supposed to be in the hospital that day for minor surgery anyway .

10/29/2007   |   Category: Courts   |   State: Illinois   |   #11187

Is there a Time Frame for a Court Arraignment after Someone has been Jailed

How long can someone be in jail before taken to court for arraignment? (example: arrested on a Saturday 2:00 AM and still in jail as of Wednesday 5:00 PM with no court appearance). Is there a statute that I can refer to?

10/24/2007   |   Category: Courts   |   State: Nebraska   |   #10883

Evidence before Grand Jury in New Mexico

In New Mexico, does the defendant need to be present at the indictment? Also, if not necessary, is it in the best interest of the defendant to be present? Should the defendant have witnesses present on his or her behalf?

10/22/2007   |   Category: Courts   |   State: ALL   |   #10742

Which state does not require you to be a registered voter to get selected for jury duty

10/18/2007   |   Category: Courts   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #10521

What is a Case Management Order and how does that work?

I filed a "motion to modify" the child support that I receive from my ex-husband in the amount of double of what it was in the divorce decree. I did this on Sept. 4th. I was under the impression that he only had 15 days to do so. He filed his response on Sept. 27th and never served me with the copy of the Certificate of Service. a) Was it illegal for him to file a response a...

10/17/2007   |   Category: Courts   |   State: Colorado   |   #10442

DC Code 42-3509

What is DC code 42-3509?

10/16/2007   |   Category: Courts   |   State: District Of Columbia   |   #10334