Courts » Pleadings Legal Questions and Answers

How Do I Appeal an Administrative Ruling Suspending My Driving License?

What should be the form and content of a proposed order requested by a circuit court judge after an Administrative Review? The Review dealt with an Administrative Hearing which resulted in the suspension of driving privileges. I want this suspension to be removed.

03/24/2010   |   Category: Courts » Pleadings   |   State: Illinois   |   #21534

This question is about an employment EEO case in federal court where the orginal pleadings were about discrimination and reta...

This question is about an employment EEO case in federal court where the orginal pleadings were about discrimination and retaliation. Question Part 1: Do ongoing and later retaliations in a nexus with the case need to be filed with a leave to amend for amended pleadings or are they automatically integrated into the lawsuit? Question: Part 2: Will a response to a motion for ...

09/10/2009   |   Category: Courts » Pleadings   |   State: Texas   |   #18568

How Can a Judge Find a Constructive Trust Exists?

In a civil case, can a judge decide on an issue NOT brought by petition to the court (though introduced at trial), and use that issue to award the petitioner an award if the petitioner has otherwise failed on the original issues of the petition? Specifically, can the judge impose a constructive trust if the petitioner has failed (as admitted by the judge) to meet the test for ...

07/28/2009   |   Category: Courts » Pleadings   |   State: Maryland   |   #17847

Where can I get instructions on how to write an application for a writ of habeas corpus?

I need to know where I can get a handbook or instructions on how to write an application for a writ of habeas corpus for a person being unjustly held by the state.

04/28/2009   |   Category: Courts » Pleadings   |   State: Texas   |   #16232

What is the proper way to write a response to a small claims summons?

What is the proper way to write a response to a small claims summons? I am the defendant and I have been served, and it said I had 30 days to respond or a judgement would be made by default. What is the proper, legal way to respond? I am going to plead not gulity and I also want them to provide proof of the bill/original contract/etc. How would I go about writing a formal r...

03/26/2009   |   Category: Courts » Pleadings   |   State: California   |   #15766

How do I amend a petition for show cause?

I am needing to amend a petition to show cause. How do I do that?

01/26/2009   |   Category: Courts » Pleadings   |   State: Illinois   |   #15069

How do I obtain a copy of the complaint and motion for domestic violence protective order?

I need to obtain a copy of the complaint and motion for domestic violence protective order.

11/06/2007   |   Category: Courts » Pleadings   |   State: North Carolina   |   #11721

How do I file a response to a complaint and notice of Lis Pendens?

I was served with a legal summons with a complaint and notice of Lis Pendens. I need to file a response, can't afford an attorney and need to know what the appropriate response is to file.

11/02/2007   |   Category: Courts » Pleadings   |   State: Florida   |   #11491

Where can I obtain an order to show cause form for a preliminary hearing in a divorce?

Where can I obtain a request/order to show cause form for a preliminary conference pertaining to an action for divorce?

10/06/2007   |   Category: Courts » Pleadings   |   State: New York   |   #9759

How often can you use the phrase "pray for judgment" in a pleading?

07/09/2007   |   Category: Courts » Pleadings   |   State: North Carolina   |   #7017