Courts » Settlements Legal Questions and Answers

Will I Have to Pay Attorney Fees if I Accept a Clincher Agreement?

In the process of settleing a workmans comp case. Doctor said would probably have to have a hip replacement within 2 years. If the workmans comp insurance wants to add a clincher should or will my lawyer get 33 percent of that?

12/29/2010   |   Category: Courts » Settlements   |   State: South Carolina   |   #23897

Can the Other Party force Me to Settle the Case?

I lost money in market due to a lawyer. I lost $16,000 and they only want to give $7500. Also they want my social security number? They sent me a stipulation of settlement. Must I accept their offer and must i give them my social security number to settle a case? Is that wise?

11/08/2009   |   Category: Courts » Settlements   |   State: Florida   |   #19518

CLass Action Settlement in Oregon

I was part of a Class Action Settlement where I was entitled to 100% of my school tuition reimbursed less attorney fees and number of claims. The pay out was at 9.92% which is a considerable difference? I feel like I've just been ripped off, what are your thoughts and/or suggestions?

03/15/2009   |   Category: Courts » Settlements   |   State: Oregon   |   #15632

How do I petition the courts for money they are holding in an accident case that was resolved?

How do I petition the courts for money they are holding in an accident case that was resolved. My lawyer died right when case was settled.

01/26/2009   |   Category: Courts » Settlements   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #15070