Criminal » Fraud Legal Questions and Answers

I received a check out of no where in my mail box addressed to me and with my name on it.

I received a check out of no where in my mail box addressed to me and with my name on it for the amount of $1020.00 from a company I never have done any business with but recently have been praying for a miracle because I'm so financially broke. Anyhow I thought that my prayers had been answered, I opened an account at Bank of America and deposited it and withdrew $200 which I ...

04/22/2017   |   Category: Criminal » Fraud   |   State: Oregon   |   #36106

My husband and I recently found out that someone (illegally) rented our house out.

My husband and I recently found out that someone (illegally) rented our house out. They broke the lock box, changed the locks and charged someone $6,000 to move in (which they paid). We are in limbo because it's a Friday night but first thing Monday morning we'll be contacting the Charlotte courthouse to obtain a writ of possession but I can't go through the weekend not know ...

01/06/2017   |   Category: Criminal » Fraud   |   State: Texas   |   #29640

Someone signed a check in my name. What rights do I have?

Someone gave me a check made out to cash for him. I cashed the check in my bank and gave him the money. My bank told me they could not find such an account and I had to pay back the money. I found out that he stole the check and signed the personal name to the check. What legal rights do I have?

05/17/2007   |   Category: Criminal » Fraud   |   State: New Jersey   |   #5072