My 15 year old ex-girlfriend had consensual sexual intercourse with me(18 years old ). Can she sue me for rape?

My ex-girlfriend and I had consensual sexual intercourse sometime back. Now that we broke up, she is blackmailing me that she will sue me for rape. I am 18 years old and she is 15 years old. Is it possible for her to take me to court for this?
01/03/2017   |   Category: Criminal ยป Statutory Rape   |   State: Oregon   |   #29332

Answer:

In Oregon, having sex with a person who is below the age of 16 but above 14 years, would amount to rape of third degree. The consent in such situations are not considered as valid. This is considered as a Class C felony and the sentence can range from probation with jail to a prison term, if found guilty.

The provision for statutory rape in Oregon in such scenario is Or. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 163.355, which states the following:
“(1) A person commits the crime of rape in the third degree if the person has sexual intercourse with another person under 16 years of age.
(2) Rape in the third degree is a Class C felony.”