Debts and Credit » Credit Cards Legal Questions and Answers

Am I responsible for my credit card debt?

I received a Motion to Claim Exempt Property on Credit Card Debt. My question is I do not own Property. I am a house wife and my husband is the Owner of our home ( my name is not on the Title) as NC is a homestead state. My question is should I even file exceptions since I do not own property nor have a Job. And most importantly can they go after my husband.

05/24/2007   |   Category: Debts and Cr... » Credit Cards   |   State: North Carolina   |   #5867

Is there a statute of limitations on credit card debt?

I recently received a summons for a court date for an old credit card debt, a 5 year old credit card debt that is. I was doing some research and found something called the Statute of Limitations saying that if the debt is more than 4 years old, they do not have the right to collect. Is this true? Should I have to go to court anyway to tell this to the judge or is it not going t...

05/15/2007   |   Category: Debts and Cr... » Credit Cards   |   State: Florida   |   #4789

Do I have a discrimination case when there was no basis for the limit decrease?

I was given a credit card with a $1000.00 limit and later that limit was reduced by $300.00. The Letter from the bank stated "authorizations at high risk merchants" I later find out that the "high risk merchants" wasn't that at all. The customer service rep stated that "I used my card too frequently". I was never late, never went over my limit and paid more than my minimum paym...

05/09/2007   |   Category: Debts and Cr... » Credit Cards   |   State: New York   |   #4365

Is my wife responsible for my credit card debt?

We moved here from Indiana 3 years ago. I had my own credit cards. I went own total disability. Is my wife responsible for my debt now that we live in Arizona?

05/05/2007   |   Category: Debts and Cr... » Credit Cards   |   State: Arizona   |   #3852

Can one company give my credit card number to another company?

Is it legal for a company that you order a product from, to give out your credit card number to another company?

04/28/2007   |   Category: Debts and Cr... » Credit Cards   |   State: Virginia   |   #3386

Am I responsible for credit card debt of my deceased husband?

My husband passed and had several thousand dollars worth of credit card debt in his name only. I am being harrassed by the credit card companies to settle this debt. They have threatened to take my property, cars, life insurance which I am the beneficiary of and the pension that I am entitled to from his work. Can they do this in the state of Missouri? I have minor children...

04/17/2007   |   Category: Debts and Cr... » Credit Cards   |   State: Missouri   |   #3166