How do I divorce my husband who is in prison in Illinois?

Full Question:

I would like to divorce my husband with do it yourself forms. However, my husband is in a federal prison. He is not in Illinois. Do I need his signature? Can I do this without his consent?
01/03/2007   |   Category: Divorce   |   State: Illinois   |   #106


Residency requirements/where to file:

At least one of the parties to the dissolution action must have been a resident of the State of Illinois for a minimum of ninety days immediately prior to the filing of the action. The action for dissolution may be filed in the county where either party resides.

Ask Legal Question

Your Privacy is 100% Confidential!