Divorce » Modification Legal Questions and Answers

[1 - 10 of 35]Page of 4

I reside in Oklahoma. What is the remedy available for me in custody modification?

I reside in Oklahoma. My husband and I have joint custody of our 5-year-old son. We would like to make certain modifications in the present plan. What is the remedy available for me in custody modification?

01/16/2017   |   Category: Divorce » Modification   |   State: Oklahoma   |   #30278

Is it possible to change surname after divorce in Michigan?

I am a divorcee who lives in Michigan with a minor daughter. I had not changed my present surname to my previous surname which I had before marriage even after the divorce. Is it possible to change my surname now?

12/28/2016   |   Category: Divorce » Modification   |   State: Michigan   |   #29009

I would like to know about referee’s who are appointed to aid district courts?

I live in Nebraska. I have a matter relating to enforcement and modification of child and spousal support pending before the Lancaster County District Court. I would like to know more about referee’s who are appointed to aid district courts?

12/26/2016   |   Category: Divorce » Modification   |   State: Nebraska   |   #28784

How Do I Get a Property Award Made After the Divorce is Final?

My wife petitioned for divorce. I filed a response requesting the judge assist us with division of debts and property. The judge failed to address this. He had five divorces going on at the same time. I have until Nov. 6th to appeal. My question is do I file an appeal, make a motion for a new hearing, or a motion to modify the final divorce decree? Also, I need the correct for...

11/01/2011   |   Category: Divorce » Modification   |   State: Texas   |   #25540

Can Alimony be Modified if an Ex-Spouse is Living With Someone?

My ex-wife has been living with er boyfriend for almost two years and both work for his small plumbing company. She also is engaged and uses his last name on advertisements for his business. In Florida , there is a cohabitation law. Can i petition the court to terminate the alimony?

06/05/2011   |   Category: Divorce » Modification   |   State: Florida   |   #24974

Can a Child Support Order be Modified if a Parent Goes to Prison?

i want to know if it is possible to get sole custody of my son because his father just went back to prison on a violation of prole due to a domestic violance charge with his girlfriend right now we have joint custody and he is very behind on child support please help

04/11/2011   |   Category: Divorce » Modification   |   State: Iowa   |   #24613

How Can I Change A Mistaken Term in a Divorce Decree?

When in CA a divorce judgment has been ruled on less than 10 days and before the couple is technically divorced, can the wife submit an addendum to the judgement with regards to visitation rights for the children. Both parties agree but the husband is in prison and to be released in a few months. The wife did not complete the visitations details properly. She had made a mista...

02/11/2011   |   Category: Divorce » Modification   |   State: Utah   |   #24203

How Do I Decrease My Child Support Payments When I Sell My Business?

I am 6 weeks behind on child support payments about $1500. My ex has filed a complaint for contempt. My child support payments were reduced September 2010. I had a business since 1993 which I am closing. Last revenues were May 2010. I closed the office in October. I am claiming bankruptcy as soon as 2009 and 2010 taxes are filed. My current wife paid for a lawyer this past year...

01/03/2011   |   Category: Divorce » Modification   |   State: Massachusetts   |   #23933

Can I Modify Back Child Support or Spousal Support in California?

I was involved in a 'uncontested divorce' in 1996. Everything was supposed to be joint legal/joint physical . Everything thing was fine till I had to move to Mississippi in 2003 to help my dying mother. At this time my son wanted to come to Mississippi to see his grandma. The other party then called child support and claimed that I had not paid child support since 1997 and ...

12/19/2010   |   Category: Divorce » Modification   |   State: California   |   #23842

How Do I Extend Child Support for a Special Needs Adult Child in Illinois?

I have a daughter turning 18 soon and is a senior in high school. She is planning on going to college. She is special education and I know she will still be living with me for several years. Do I have to file a form for her dad to continue child support through college? If so what form is needed to be filed?

10/19/2010   |   Category: Divorce » Modification   |   State: Illinois   |   #23439
[1 - 10 of 35]Page of 4