Divorce » Separation Agreements Legal Questions and Answers

What's the Next Step After A Separation Agreement is Signed in Delaware?

I was forced to sign a temporary separation agreement; which ex-husband wrote and not notarized. What is the next step?

07/30/2009   |   Category: Divorce » Separation A...   |   State: Delaware   |   #17877

Do Both Spouses Need to Sign a Separation Agreement?

My son is going to court in the morning to sign a separation agreement. He recently like yesterday found out she had changed their initial agreement for payments. He did not get legal representation as he was told this was an informal event. Does he need a lawyer? What if he does not want to sign a deceptive agreement which changed? Does the Judge need him to sign to make him l...

07/28/2009   |   Category: Divorce » Separation A...   |   State: South Carolina   |   #17834

Please explain what the separation in Separation Agreement mean?

I want to separate with my spouse and set up the grounds to divorce in one year by doing so. I understand that to divorce, a separation agreement may be used (that is notarized by both parties) to facilitate divorce one year after living SEPARATE AND APART. - I would like to know if living at the same address but in a different room would qualify as separate and apart. This sep...

04/28/2009   |   Category: Divorce » Separation A...   |   State: ALL   |   #16330

Is my fiancee required legally to return the engagement ring to me?

I have broken off the engagement with my fiancee after realizing I did not want to spend the rest of my life with her. I gave her an expensive engagement ring which I paid for but she refuses to return. Legally in GA, should she return the ring to me?

04/15/2009   |   Category: Divorce » Separation A...   |   State: Georgia   |   #16017

Are my divorce papers now considered to be my legal seperation papers?

I filed for an uncontested divorce in June 2008, it was denied because we haven't been legally seperated for one year. Are my divorce papers now considered to be my legal seperation papers? If I refile for divorce in June 2009 will it be approved?

04/13/2009   |   Category: Divorce » Separation A...   |   State: New York   |   #15959

Do we restate the information from the post nuptial in the separate maintenance agreement?

My husband and I are considering filing a separate maintenance agreement but have a post nuptial agreement that specifies the division of assets and debts not including personal property and our home. Is it necessary to restate the information from the post nuptial in the separate maintenance agreement? Secondly, how do we go about filing the agreement with the court?

04/12/2009   |   Category: Divorce » Separation A...   |   State: Michigan   |   #15957

Where can I find a form for the division of property in a same sex relationship?

I am in a lesbian relationship and I am trying to find a dissolution agreement. I saw a separation agreement but I am not sure if that is the right form. We do have joint property that needs to be split up.

03/29/2009   |   Category: Divorce » Separation A...   |   State: Oregon   |   #15810

How do I find a summary of court opinion for North Carolina separation agreement?

How do I find a summary of court opinion for North Carolina separation agreement, and how can I tell if it is a court opinion? Also, I need to find citations on North Carolina laws.

02/20/2009   |   Category: Divorce » Separation A...   |   State: North Carolina   |   #15303

How is Child Support and Alimony Calculated in a Separation Agreement

I want to file for legal separation. How should alimony and child support be calculated? I have been a full time student for the past two years and my spouse has been solely responsible for household expenses.

12/09/2007   |   Category: Divorce » Separation A...   |   State: Kentucky   |   #13611

What is a bona fide separtion?

What is a bona fide separtion?

10/31/2007   |   Category: Divorce » Separation A...   |   State: Georgia   |   #11313