Drivers License » Influence of Alcohol Legal Questions and Answers

What is the Statute of Limitations for a DUI in Alabama?

How long does it take to know if a person will be charged with DUI after a car accident?

06/23/2011   |   Category: Drivers Lice... » Influence of...   |   State: Arkansas   |   #25083

What is a Parent's Liability for Allowing Underage Drinking in the Home in California?

What is the law regarding parents who allow their children and their friends to drink in their home.

09/19/2010   |   Category: Drivers Lice... » Influence of...   |   State: California   |   #23208

Can I Be Sued if My Drinking Buddy Gets a DUI in Pennsylvania?

I was out with a friend at the bar, dropped him off, and I learned the next day that he got into his car and was in an accident. He was taken to the hospital and will probably be charged with a DUI. Is there an legal issues that I should be worried about?

09/13/2010   |   Category: Drivers Lice... » Influence of...   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #23152

How Do I Challenge a Urine Test in California?

At a criminal prelim hearing where charges are manslaughter, DUI (drugs-D tested positive for amphetamine) and leaving scene of the incident--D's vehicle vs. pedestrian (victim tested positive for methamphetamine), I realize I need to challenge the testifying officer(s), but are they're any strong questions regarding the urine test by D and its accuracy?

05/14/2010   |   Category: Drivers Lice... » Influence of...   |   State: California   |   #22119

How Can I Have a Urine Test Excluded From Evidence in California Driving Under the Influence Cases?

Defendant has been charged w/191.5(a)PC while driving vehicle in violation of,23152,23153VC. D's urine test results show the presence of amphetamines. Can a motion to exclude the urine test be made? no blood test was taken and D blew a BAC of 0.0% What is the evidentiary value of the urine test? Do these questions evidence a showing that I am incompetent to handle this case?

01/05/2010   |   Category: Drivers Lice... » Influence of...   |   State: California   |   #20293

Can My House Arrest for DUI in West Virginia Subject to Probation?

Does a magistrate court judge have the ability to overturn specific sentencing on a plea agreement for 2nd offense DUI? I am wondering if a judge can remove one from house arrest and place one on probation for the remainder of the sentence.

07/20/2009   |   Category: Drivers Lice... » Influence of...   |   State: West Virginia   |   #17659

What can I do if I feel a police officer is harrassing my family?

I was arrested for DWI in December walking into a bar. Now my brother just got a DWI while he was at work as a bartender when he moved a customers car 1 block to a municipal parking lot, something he has done for years as a service to those that are too impaired to move their car to overnight parking. This officer was involved in both arrests. My brother is one of my witnesses...

05/19/2009   |   Category: Drivers Lice... » Influence of...   |   State: Minnesota   |   #16710

Is there a statue of limitation regarding the necessity of a SR-22 form on DUI conviction. Mine was 12 years ago and I am try...

Is there a statue of limitation regarding the necessity of a SR-22 form on DUI conviction. Mine was 12 years ago and I am trying to get my license back. It is listed as being suspended.

05/16/2007   |   Category: Drivers Lice... » Influence of...   |   State: West Virginia   |   #4998

Who is responsible for damage caused to a guest's vehicle while parked outside during a party?

Are we responsible for damages that occurred to a guest's vehicle as a result of vandalism while the car was parked outside our house for a party?

03/28/2007   |   Category: Drivers Lice... » Influence of...   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #2242

In Georgia how does the court determine when a person's driving permit can be reinstated?

Does the state of Georgia use the offence date or the conviction date when determining when a persons driving permit can be reinstated? My last DUI was in February of '04, and I did time. My court hearing wasn't until 2 years later (05-20-06). I spent 2 years in prison and they won't grant me a permit to drive.

02/08/2007   |   Category: Drivers Lice... » Influence of...   |   State: Georgia   |   #532