Can A 15 Year Old Decide Where He Wants to Live?

Full Question:

A child wants to leave his aunts house and move back with his mother. They have custody of him. Can he tell them he is leaving if he is 15 years old?
04/19/2007   |   Category: Guardianship   |   State: Maryland   |   #3217


The answer depends on who has legal custody. In order to be free from an adult's custody, a minor must be emancipated.

Ask Legal Question

Your Privacy is 100% Confidential!