Can a Legal Guardian move out of state from the legal parent

Full Question:

My daughter is legal guardian of our great grand son who is 6 mo old. Can she legally move out of the territory away from the legal mother with the child.
05/26/2007   |   Category: Guardianship   |   State: Illinois   |   #5969


Generally people are free to move. If there are visitation issues that need to be resolved that could be done by agreement or court order. Of course, each case would depend on it's own facts as to whether the move could have an adverse impact on the child that could merit changing the guardian.

Ask Legal Question

Your Privacy is 100% Confidential!