Landlord Tenant » Lease Termination Legal Questions and Answers

How can I terminate a lease agreement without causing my landlord any trouble? I am moving to New York.

I am presently working in Detroit and am planning to take up a job in New York City. I am planning to terminate my lease prior to the date mentioned in the lease agreement. The lease agreement is silent on the termination of the lease agreement. I am now half way through the period mentioned in the agreement. My Landlord is a kind man. But I don’t want a lease agreement to be t...

11/10/2016   |   Category: Landlord Ten... » Lease Termin...   |   State: Michigan   |   #26502

I am being stalked by my ex-boyfriend and I want to move out of my leased house. Can I end my lease before its actual release date?

I live in Michigan, and I am being stalked by my ex-boyfriend. Last night I saw him standing near my garden patch at around 11 pm. I want to move out from my current residence and go to another sub-division without his knowledge. But my lease period is not yet over. Can I end my lease before the end date? What steps do I take for the same?

11/09/2016   |   Category: Landlord Ten... » Lease Termin...   |   State: Michigan   |   #26488

How do I get out of my lease when my mom has cancer and I need to take care of her?

How do I get out of my lease when my mom has cancer and I need to take care of her

11/08/2016   |   Category: Landlord Ten... » Lease Termin...   |   State: North Dakota   |   #26401

Lease ends in march. Being told they will be selling. If I find home sooner, can I leave sooner?

10/28/2016   |   Category: Landlord Ten... » Lease Termin...   |   State: Florida   |   #25833

How do I respond to a 5 day notice when I cannot find another place to rent?

I rent a unit in Harwood Heights Illinois. Since January of 2011. I had an ossie with bedbugs. I had to get rid off all my furniture. My father who was my roommate left in April, 2011. Do to the problem and health issues.This cpst me a lost of income. I am also on disability. I recieve $661.00 a month. I recieved a 5 day notice on April 6, 2011. I just recieved a bill...

04/28/2011   |   Category: Landlord Ten... » Lease Termin...   |   State: Illinois   |   #24742

Can a 3 Day Notice Be Used to Evict a Tenant in Colorado?

We are being evicted from our apartment and are being told to get out in 3 days. Do we have to leave?

03/31/2010   |   Category: Landlord Ten... » Lease Termin...   |   State: Colorado   |   #21611

What Does a Notice to Quit Mean in Connecticut?

This is a CT question. I was going to take over a commercial lease in mid August. I then suffered a heart attack and was laid up for almost a month. In the interim, no rent has been paid, and there was a notice to quit on the door. There is still a dialouge with the leasing company, but they seem unsure about what exactly the notice to quit means, as do I. Will the landlord tak...

09/16/2009   |   Category: Landlord Ten... » Lease Termin...   |   State: Connecticut   |   #18644

How Do I Dispose of Property of a Deceased Tenant in Washington?

Our tenant has passed away suddenly (not in our rental). Some of his possessions remain in the house. What needs to happen before we can release the contents to someone? We have changed the locks for now.

09/14/2009   |   Category: Landlord Ten... » Lease Termin...   |   State: Washington   |   #18613

Can a California Landlord Terminate a Lease Early Due to Sale of the Property?

My property is at a short sale and currently have a Section 8 tenant in the property. What are my legal rights as owner regarding termination of lease?

09/08/2009   |   Category: Landlord Ten... » Lease Termin...   |   State: California   |   #18518

How Do I Break a Lease Early in Colorado?

I'm currently in a Lease Agreement using a Socrates Residential Lease agreement LF310-CO. I'm in a two year roommate/lease agreement with the owner through April 30, 2010. I need to move due to slower economy and need of cheaper rent. (Currently $1,000 per month)Early Termination states it is governed by the State of CO laws without specifics of letter to vacate or anything els...

09/07/2009   |   Category: Landlord Ten... » Lease Termin...   |   State: Colorado   |   #18468