What is needed to start a food service out of my home?

Full Question:

What do I need to do to start a food service from my home?
04/23/2009   |   Category: Licenses   |   State: Michigan   |   #16108


State and local laws, which vary by jurisdiction, govern the licensing of certain food vendors and establishments. A food establishment license is typically required in almost all instances where food is commercially handled or served to the general public. Licensing may also be required of any person or firm that processes, packs, cans, preserves, freezes, fabricates, stores, prepares, serves, sells, or offers food for sale. Certain license exemptions may apply for those selling low-risk items. Local laws should be consulted for the exact requirements in your area.

Please see the information regarding obtaining a food service license in Michigan at the following links: