Can a marriage be ratified after some time of the marriage?

I forced my wife to marry me but she never agreed to live together. She has come back to live with me and we’re a happy couple now. What if a person’s consent to marriage was obtained by fraud but after marriage, the person wants to accept the marriage?
02/27/2017   |   Category: Marriage   |   State: Georgia   |   #32951

Answer:

You may consider your marriage as ratified or valid, as your wife has come back to live with you and has accepted the marriage. When a person is induced into a marriage by fraud, but later consents to the marriage and agrees to live together, the marriage is considered to be subsequently ratified by such person.

O.C.G.A. § 19-3-5 states:
“(a) Marriages of persons unable to contract, unwilling to contract, or fraudulently induced to contract shall be void. However, the issue of such a marriage born before the marriage is annulled and declared void by a competent court shall be legitimate.

(b) In the case of persons unwilling to contract or fraudulently induced to do so, a subsequent consent and ratification of the marriage, freely and voluntarily made, accompanied by cohabitation as husband and wife shall render the marriage valid. In the case of a marriage void on one of the grounds specified in paragraphs (1) through (3) of Code Section 19-3-2, after removal of the impediment to marriage, a subsequent free and voluntary consent and ratification of the marriage accompanied by cohabitation as husband and wife shall likewise render the marriage valid.”